“Couldn't ask for anything more.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel

You added Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel to your Saves list
Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3350 Avenue of the Arts, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly Wyndham Orange County Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersGold level
St. George, Utah
“Couldn't ask for anything more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This place is great. People friendly and helpful, very clean and bright, nice grounds, "lake" side rooms offer a quiet little oasis in the middle of the city, patio doors that open on to small "balcony", big bathroom with huge shower, almost soundless a/c & heating unit, comfy king size beds, lower floors soundless, price when we stayed quite economical for such a nice hotel.
NOTHING is free, except the shuttle, so know that before you check in or you will not be a happy camper. Restaurant expensive but this is Southern California so that's par for the course.

Room Tip: It would seem that the lower rooms would be best as you'll miss the noise of the planes (airport...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Wildwood, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at this establishment weekly since October (2 months) and offer the following comments as to my stay here:

1) Most folks think it is a drag to stay at a hotel that is undertaking renovation; there has never been an instance that the new construction has interrupted my sleep, or any time spent at the hotel.

2) The new renovations are absolutely fantastic; this being the place to stay gets defined further and further daily by the improvements happening (Kudos owners).

3) This hotel is within walking distance from the mall, theaters, and restaurants, all within a few blocks walking distance; location, location, location . . .

Since I stay here often, I wish to offer these comments as well:

4) The Silver Trumpet Restaurant is awesome. Not being a Buffet guy, I am very pleased that they offer a hot cooked breakfast, to your order and make it a nice change from morning-to-morning.

5) Let's talk staff at the Silver Trumpet . . . I am greeted each morning by folks that I am beginning to consider family; they talk to me by name and make sure that the beginning to my day (very important) is care free, and allows me the time to get the Caffeine to Oxygen Ratio (C2O) correct (thanks Kara, Brandie, Emma, Jorge, and others) for your pleasant presence each morning).

6) Housekeeping is fantastic, paying attention to detail . . . They are the most honest folks around too, as I asked at the front desk "I leave $10 each morning, as a tip for the housekeeping staff, why won't they take it?" . . . I have to leave a special note to say "This money is for you," or, I have no doubt, I could leave a $100 bill and it would be there when I return.

7) The registration desk is great as well, handling the littlest of issues (like 'my romm card doesn't work the parking gate") with rapid professionalism; thanks Richie and the others (I apologize I am horrible with names, but they ALL rock!)

8) Last, but not least, I wish to thank the CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer) Jose' who handles the Silver Trumpet bar amazingly; we never want for anything as long as Jose' is around . . . Hat's off to Jose' . . .

Owners, your improvements demonstrate your commitment to providing your guests the BEST place to stay. Keep up the good work, I can only await the completion of the new improvements, and say "Wow!"

Regards,
Chip

Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel during a Birthday celebration with friends and had a great time. We were close enough to walk over to South Coast Plaza to shop and eat. The hotel is right off the 405 fwy and close to gas stations and plenty of good food. The lobby area decent but it would be nice if it was staffed (lounge) for more than just a few hours. The front desk and valet were nice and friendly. The parking is onsite not cheap but normal for some hotels. Our room had a great little patio area to relax on also. This is a nice place for a night on the town or a girls outing.

Room Tip: I prefer high floors less noise form upstairs
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fairfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great service, lovely rooms and beds. Most important - honest staff. I travel up to 10 nights per months for work and always leave a $10 tip on the bed for the housekeeper. Imagine my surprise when I came back to my room and the $$$ were on the nightstand. I called the manger to express my surprise and to compliment the housekeepers integrity. He said for this hotel I must leave a note so she/he would know the intent of the $$$ as they are instructed not take anything from the room. He is putting her in for the weekly staff recognition. I hope she gets it!

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room as I am a light sleeper. They nailed it. Very quiet and peaceful.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Had a great experience staying at your property for the first time, felt extremely comfortable. All was clean, the staff was warm, helpful, friendly, informative needless to say Top Notch. I was impressed. Kudos! I will definately stay in this property again. Thank you for making it a great experience.

Room Tip: Rooms are comfortable, the layout is beautiful.
Orange County
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed for one night from a company party. Decor was beautiful and warm- yellow gold tones. Wood floor, granite sink and tub.Staff were friendly. Clean grounds. My only complaints were uncomfortable bed, sags in the middle, we're not heavy people either. My body ached. We could also hear guests' conversations while they were passing by . We ordered room service for breakfast and it was very good.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms have better views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Avenue of the Arts Wyndham Hotel? Share your experiences!