“Stayed overnight after a day at theme parks.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Stayed overnight after a day at theme parks.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a restful nights sleep after a full day at Knott's. Room was spacious and clean. The bathroom amenities were on par with this class of hotels. Their heavenly bed truly was a blessing as I slept straight through till morning.

Only downside I could say about this place was that parking seemed quite expensive.($20 self park, $30 valet) the self park option wouldn't be so bad except the parking structure was across the street separate from the hotel. Peet's coffee and Specialties bakery was close enough for a short walk for a morning cup of joe.

Looking forward to staying here again on my next visit to SoCal.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Dayy19,
Thank you for staying with us at the hotel. We are delighted to hear that you had a restful night sleep when with us. We hope to see you on your next visit to our hotel.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Our room had dated, nicked furniture and was plan old tired. Definitely an older Westin. View from room was awesome and the French restaurant on the premises was excellent. I had the best charcuterie plate I have ever had, the service was perfection. It was the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris H,
We are refreshed to hear that you had a great experience at our Pinot Provence restaurant. We will make sure they know that it was the highlight of your trip.
Hickory, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

First time here! Great property! convenient to Beach..airport...groceries..car rental. Great Staff! Even pet friendly! The pool view rooms also overlook a great waterfall! Honor bar in room! They will provide refrigerator if requested! Maids were very helpful. Filling my coffee station with the items I prefer! Room service was prompt and affordable! The beds are sooooo comfy!

Room Tip: Pool view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Warehouse2,
We are uplifted by the fact that you felt the property was a great experience for you. We hope to see you on your next visit.
Palm Springs, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

How to take a very large hotel and turn it into something special? Ask the staff at The Westin South Coast Plaza. I was truly amazed at the level of service here. Our front desk check in person was so helpful, and I really felt welcomed. The room was perfect. Great bed with world class bedding, and all the amenities one could imagine. Impressive WIFI. Flat panel TV. We ordered a pet package for our dog. A beautiful "Heavenly Dog Bed" was awaiting, along with a placemat and two stainless steel dishes for 'bowser." We ordered room service for an early breakfast. Wow. Nice job in the kitchen. A delicious full American breakfast and a hearty Continental Breakfast. The fresh fruit bowl was really fresh, as in fresh picked, sweet and delicious. The assorted pastries were wonderful, especially the croissants. My other half's American breakfast came with double sliced ham steaks, and perfectly prepared and hot eggs.
High quality coffee too. The doorman, the parking garage staff, the desk staff, the housekeeping staff, and the wait staff were all professional, friendly, and very knowledgeable. Oh yes, we are fans of this hotel.

Room Tip: 16 floors. Corner rooms are a bit larger, and are handicap friendly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DDB760,
Thank you for letting us know that we connected with you and made your stay memorable.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I spent very little time at the hotel as I was out at 8am -6pm everyday, there for an hour to freshen up and then out for the rest of the evening, arriving back at 1-2pm every day to sleep. It was just what you need after a long day; lovely shower with constant hot water, huge bed which I have to say is one of the most comfortable beds I've slept in at any hotel and the rooms were really quiet. We spent one evening sat by the fountain in the courtyard area/lobby for a few drinks although this was ridiculously overpriced so I wouldn't recommend this to others when there are places nearby. Can't comment too much on the restaurant either as we only ate there once for breakfast which was also very overpriced! All in all, for a business trip, I'd highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear JUK5,
We are glad to hear that you had an excellent business stay when with us. We hope to see you on your next stay.
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I took awhile to write this review, as I've stayed at this hotel often.
It gets points for convenient location, but there are a bunch of other hotels in the area.
Every time I'm there I just find that the service isn't up to scratch for a Westin.
Too many times I've had to schelp my bags around.
Too many times I've had to wait for someone to park my car at night.
Too many times I've run into some huge group (last time it was some event & Glady Knight, who was Pip-less) in the lobby & had to dodge & weave my way around them.
This really isn't a good business hotel, which is unfortunate if you want an SPG property in the Costa Mesa/Irvine/Newport Beach area (and the St. Regis is outside your corporate budget).
It seems they cater more to shoppers & those attending local events.
The room service offerings are pathetic.
There is no club lounge.
On the plus side, there were plenty of outlets in my room, which was great.
The list:
Shower pressure: Average. This isn't a tall or big hotel, so that was surprising.
Front desk: Nice, but very laid back. When you are an SPG elite member you do expect them to go out of the way just a bit.
Bed: Average.
Sheets/Bedding: Average.
Towels: Below average. I don't consider that banded Westin towel something that I can use. They need new towels that are more absorbent.
Phone service/attendants: I walked my own bags down on more than 1 visit there. I had to have the front desk call for my car on more than 1 visit there, because nobody answered the phone early in the morning when people go to work.
Room size: Above average.
Room service: Below average. Will someone please introduce some variety into these menus? It is easier & quicker to fight your way through the bar to get something to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear ilovemanhatta,
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate you letting us know your many experiences at the hotel. We take pride in genuinely addressing feedback so we can deliver exactly what will make your stay memorable. We will share your feedback so we can provide The Westin experience that you deserve.
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

It was a great location for a conference with lots of restaurant and shopping choices within walking distance. Take advantage of the pedestrian bridge that connects hotel with South Coast Plaza Shopping Mall and lots of great restaurants.
Now the room itself is nothing to write home about. In fact my first room had missing grout around the tub plus mold and mildew. The manager was shocked about this. I was moved to another room and the room was taken out of the inventory. He was very nice and apologetic about it.
Bottom line is LOCATION LOCATION.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Mollygee,
Thank you for staying with us at the hotel. We glad to hear that our location met your needs. It is refreshing to hear that our team addressed your concern immediately and we took action. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional experience.
Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Westin South Coast Plaza? Share your experiences!