“Average... Yep, that's about it” 4 of 5 stars

Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 23 hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Average... Yep, that's about it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Westin Suncoast Plaza this trip. Conference hotel was in monarch beach, but St Regis was $150 more more per night so I decided to safe the co money. Was average overall, wish I spent the extra for the St Regis. No breakfast to speak of, very small gym... Average.

• Stayed May 2013
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear TinoK61,
Thank you for staying with us. We value your feedback.

543 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

I stay here twice a month. Staff is great from the time I pull up at the valet. Great little fitness area and pool. Adore the restaurant, Pinot Provence (restaurant is closed on Mondays). Walking distance from the best mall in Southern California and a great performing arts complex. Highly recommend!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear CalGirl86,
It is a pleasure to hear that our hotel is your favorite business stop. Look forward to seeing you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We have stayed at the Westin for years when in this area for business. The hotel is located across the street from the upscale South Coast Plaza shopping mall. Name the restaurant and it's there. Easy access to the hotel from freeway. Easy drive to Disneyland and Angels Stadium. We also drove to Huntington Beach and Newport Beach. Great location with so much to do in the area. We went on vacation with 3 other families and we all enjoyed our stay at the Westin. The hotel pool is deep. There isn't a hot tub but that isn't a big deal compared to the other nice amenities. Valet parking is $8.00 more per night than self-parking. Both are really easy to use. We will continue to stay at this hotel for business and pleasure trips.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear LG2Pro,
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to your return.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel in very good location convenient to all majr highways and easy access to the south and north. Valet is a bit pricy for the service but it is California after all and any way to make a dime they will. I wouldn't rush back to this hotel however it was clean and comfortable

Dear eweinz22,
Thank you for staying at The Westin South Coast Plaza Hotel. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to deliver on your expectations.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by a very rude reception/reservation person (female, short, dark hair). She gave us a letter that said that no electricity or hot water will be available for 2 of the 3 days we were staying. Please see the photo that I uploaded. Why couldn't I have been notified about this when I booked the reservation? Somebody should've called us if you didn't know until after we booked. It gets worse. Let's see. They lied about the amount they charge for incidentals, and then they charged me twice. I sat at the bar around 9 pm on 5/4/2013 and was completely ignored for over 30 minutes. I had my Starbucks cup from my room and my laptop with me and sat down without being greeted while a brown haired female server didn't bother to ask if I wanted to order anything. She even served and brought pretzels to everyone around me until we finally made eye contact and she finally took my order. Unacceptable. You're lucky I didn't get your name but I'm sure your Manager will figure it out who the 5 foot 5 female with long hair and fair skin was. Don't ignore somebody just because you think they have a coffee and don't want any help. FYI, I hate coffee and I poured tap water in it because your in room mini bar prices were ridiculous so I used the Starbucks coffee cup that was provided in the room dummy. Housekeeping knocked and asked if we wanted service. I politely said no, we did not want service today and she left. We left our room for lunch and came back to our room and found out housekeeping came in, moved our stuff aside, and changed our sheets and cleaned. We had to check out before 10 am because we would've been stuck on the 11th floor because the elevators weren't going to work due to the electricity being turned off for "maintenance." I called the operator and asked for Bell service to help with our bags. I waited over 30 minutes until I finally gave up and made two trips to carry 5 bags by myself. I was held up in the parking garage for 15 minutes because the parking lot attendant asked why I didn't have my hotel key which lets me in and out of the parking garage. I said because I had to turn in my hotel keys because I was checking out moron. He then called the hotel to verify that I was a guest and to make sure that I checked out and paid for parking. They told him that I didn't have parking as paid on my receipt, and to charge me. Apparently, my parking was waived due to the water and electricity mishap but they didn't tell him and he wasn't letting me out of the lot without paying. My wife had to walk back to the hotel to get a receipt showing that I originally paid for parking so the guy would let us out. And last but not least, we were charged $10 for something we didn't take from the mini-bar which they eventually removed when we told them we never used the over priced mini-bar. I will say that we average about at least half a dozen stay in hotels per year and that Westin has let us down on more than one occasion. This last stay in Westin South Coast Plaza was absolutely the worst. I still can't believe that there isn't a jacuzzi or spa in this hotel. Whatever. There are so many other hotels nearby like the Marriot which are way better and provide far superior service. Please don't bother to respond with your politically correct "sorry for your bad experience" copy and paste template. I would rather you just focus on somebody who will actually think for a second that you might actually be sorry...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jack T,
Our deepest apologies for your experience. We strive to take care of our guest to deliver memorable connections. We will share your feedback with your team so they understand the impact they had on your visit.
TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Perfect location for business. Staff was quick and helpful. Easy check In. Nice, standard Westin rooms.
Scott's and maestros both close by for a good dinner. 4 mins to airport. It's easy to find, right off the highway. Can't find much wrong.

Dear JCFFB,
We are delighted to hear that your business needs were met when you visited our hotel. We look forward to your return visit.
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I attend the Ford show every year at Buena Park. Since our last nightmare staying at Knotts Berry Farm Hotel we have decided to try other venues. For the first year now we started at the Westin in Costa Mesa. The room was very nice. The grounds were extremely well kept. There is a wide variety of stores and restaurants a short walk wawy and over the walking bridge called the Sky Walk. The staff was very courteous as well. The only negative for us was the fashion show occuring the same weekend. Fortunately for us the music stopped right around 10 PM. Overall a pleasant experience. At least we have a great start to our replacement hotel list for Knotts.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear John_in_vega,
Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your feedback.
Guest Relations Manager

Been to The Westin South Coast Plaza? Share your experiences!