“Class reunion” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Class reunion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My class reunion was at this hotel. The hotel is perfectly located to the South Coast Plaza mall, a Segerstrom Performaing Arts Center and numerous restaurants. This is not a new hotel but the rooms are large, well appointed, and the beds are extremely comfortable. Parking is $20 per day for self-parking.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
CostaMesaWestin, Guest Relations Manager at The Westin South Coast Plaza, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear ibaol,
Thank you for letting us know that you felt our rooms are spacious and comfortable. It is so important to feel at your best when traveling. We look forward to your return.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lubbock, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

The property is older but the amenities are nice. The bed is comfortable and the rooms are large and comfortable. However, you can tell this property is older and for the price - you could gay at a newer nicer property. Basically you're paying for location.

• Stayed September 2012
Dear Imleyva_MBA,
Thank you for your feedback. Our team strives to maintain our property to the fullest. We are deligent in providing a product that is fresh and delivering on experiences that are memorable. We hope to see you on your next stay.
Huntington Beach, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

The Westin South Coast is a beautiful Hote. The staff was first class for check in, the room was clean. My problem was 2 doors down, there was a BARKING DOG! Yes, I said Barking Dog. After many calls to the front desk, Nothing was ever done. It was very rude of the guest to leave the dog alone all day for everyone on the floor to enjoy. The Hotel staff was not helpful in keeping or stopping the dog from barking. Never did they ask if I wanted to change rooms or care about my concern. So next time you check in, please make sure you are on the NO DOG side.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear 50thbirthday4,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit. My sincere apologies that you were disturbed during your stay. We are dedicated to providing an environment that all of our guests can thrive. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you the service you deserve at Westin.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I don't often get to stay at Westin's, but when I do I have always been happy. This one has so many pluses for me. The footbridge takes you across to South Coast Plaza and to one of my favorite smaller chain restaurants, Season's 52. Scott's Restaurant is right outside of the lobby (a local favorite of mine), and Morton's and Nordstrom Rack are all within walking distance.

I mention walking because you don't really need a car, and at $20 for self park, and $28 for valet (which is crazy expensive even for this area) you are better off walking.

Top score for me? The fitness room. Almost brand new treadmills and ellipticals, as well as a nice view of the pool. I only ate one night in the lobby bar and the chicken quesadilla was in a whole wheat tortilla with proper pico and guac on the side.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Steve_N_018,
Thank you for your feedback. At Westin, we truly believe in our guest wellness. I am glad you were able to renew yourself while with us. We look forward to your return.
Ocoee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I appreciate how fast the check in was considering I had a really long day at work then a 5 hour flight before arriving at the hotel. My cousin asked for an adaptor and was given a complimentary one right away. Food from room service was good and brought to our room fast. Very clean, large rooms and pretty lobby area. I appreciate the power strip on the vanity table anticipating needs of techie travelers. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear kait1yn,
Our team understands the committment to making life easier for the busy business traveler. It is nice to see that our team made your travel experience simple and seamless. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.
Guest Relation Manager
Hercules, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband & I attended my friend's wedding reception held at The Westin & had reserved a room for convenience. We had several delays en route to the hotel & I had called ahead to advise them of our late arrival. Staff was awesome and assured our room would not be given away. We finally arrived in the wee hours of the morning & they upgraded our room to the 14th floor. Very clean, large rooms/bathroom. Lots of restaurant choices within a mile if you decide you don't want room service. Great mall right next door, right off the 405 & has a decent pool. Starbucks right downstairs was a huge plus. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Tina E,
We are glad that you had a memorable visit when staying with us. It is great to hear that our team was able to exceed your expectations during your hectic travels. We look forward to you returning.
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Best Westin I've ever stayed at and one of the best hotels in general. I took advantage of a 20% prepay special and the value is quite remarkable. Very large rooms, immaculate, airy, sparkling clean bathroom, double-head shower, tons of towels. Lovely lobby area with a gorgeous waterfall in the central courtyard area. So much fun to watch a wedding take place there. Excellent, generous gym overlooking the pool. Easy walkway over to the mall. My room overlooks a small park by the Performance Arts Center--ask for that view when you come. Friendly staff. I'm here on business; a treat to sit by the pool working on my computer. I just wish upscale hotels like these wouldn't feel compelled to charge for Internet access ($11.95 for the day).

Room Tip: Room overlooking the Performing Arts Center. Nice view of a small park in front of it.