“I loved staying here till Irvin was abusive & lied about me!” 4 of 5 stars

Super 8 Costa Mesa / Newport Beach Area
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   2645 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626   |
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Aliso Viejo
“I loved staying here till Irvin was abusive & lied about me!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

GM did not believe what I said about the first incident that Irvine lied about me. And I'd like to speak to the Owner of this property asap. Please leave your name & cell on my VM 949.878.7100. I'd like to speak to you so you may hear who I am... then email you the details, and hear back your resolution. I'm happy to offer a Customer Service Training which I've done for many companies including IBM, Ladki, Real Estate Associations, Nurses, Attorneys, etc. Genuinely, Roxi

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

mojodp, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Costa Mesa / Newport Beach Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I would be happy to discuss your stay with us at your convenience. My email is listed as well if you would prefer.

John Morrin
714-879-4920 ext. 201
john_morrin@sbcglobal.net

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300 days out of the year. That being said, I used to love this hotel. This time around it was not so great. Our room was dirty and smelled like urine. Front desk staff on the night we checked in was a young lady that was rude and obviously hated her job. One thing I loved about this hotel was it's heated pool and hot jacuzzi. When we pulled in to the hotel I got excited as it was advertised on the sign that they had a heated pool, sauna, and jaccuzi. After we checked in I quickly hurried to my room to change into my suit. I went out to the pool area to find 'out of order' sign and the whole area locked up. I was so dissapointed. It is really the only redeeming quality that this hotel has, and without it, it was just kind of sad and run down.

• Stayed May 2013
mojodp, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Costa Mesa / Newport Beach Area, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I would like to apologize that we failed on multiple levels regarding your recent stay with us. It was unfortunate that the day the pool was down for maintenance coincided with the date of your stay. It is back up and open. As far as the demeanor of the staff member mentioned this is totally unacceptable. A management conference with the employee is scheduled to see that this does not happen in the future. I would be happy to address your stay with us directly if you would like to contact me at your convenience. We do appreciate your taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

John Morrin
714-879-4920 ext. 201
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Much better rooms than last year. Shower is excellent, and it has a very quiet but strong fan so you can leave the light on in the bathroom at night. The towels are no longer large strips of sandpaper!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the upgraded rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
mojodp, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Costa Mesa / Newport Beach Area, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for reveiwing our property on your return visit with friends. We're glad you have enjoyed the recent upgrades that we have been working on. Thanks again, and we hope to have you as our guest again if your travels bring you to our area in the future.

Been to Super 8 Costa Mesa / Newport Beach Area? Share your experiences!