“Friendly Customer Service Sight Unseen” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #8 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Redlands, California, USA
“Friendly Customer Service Sight Unseen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My teenage daughter and I were supposed to stay at the Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach the night before her early morning athletic competition this weekend. I chose the property primarily because it offered a free hot breakfast and was close to both South Coast Plaza and the gymnastics meet. Many reviewers have said that this is a quiet complex, but I was worried about freeway noise since it is near the 73. However, when I emailed the property coordinator, Anne Nielsen, she assured me that even though the hotel was indeed quiet, she would have me assigned to a room furthest away from the freeway. Then, when my daughter woke up sick Saturday morning and I had to cancel that evening's reservation, the front desk clerk--Andi, I think--was prompt in processing my cancellation. Although I never actually stayed at the Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, I was impressed by the friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: Reviewers say that this is a quiet complex, but if you are sensitive to noise ask for a room away fr...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the great comments. We understand how things can happen unexpectedly and this is the season for colds. I hope that next time you will be able to come and experience our hotel.

Thanks again and look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Highly recommend. Stayed almost 30 days. This is my favorite Residence Inn by far. Service is great, friendly staff, close to the 405. Hotel looks like an apartment compiles rather than your standard hotel. Rooms are spacious and desk is large. Close to shopping and everything else you need. Will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Southern California.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, December 22, 2012
Our Extended stay guests are so very important to us and I am so glad that you were able to make our hotel your home away from home. I will share your comments with our staff and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Thank you!
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I love Residence Inn by Marriott. This particular location makes you feel like your stay is very “homey.” The hotel rooms are basically apartment style complexes. Literally, they look like apartment units. I stayed in a King so my hotel room felt like a studio. The hotel room was complete with a kitchen and a refrigerator. They also provide plates, utensils, coffee maker, and toaster. Just don’t leave anything dirty in the sink, otherwise it’ll be tossed. They provide a sofa and TV set in the living room area. The AC/heater unit works excellent. The bathroom is clean. They also have closets. The hotel room also provides free wi-fi. The hotel room was nice and quiet the entire time.
One unique reason why I love the Residence Inn by Marriott chain is that they provide a free buffet breakfast every morning. They give you a FULL breakfast. They serve hot food such as eggs, sausage, and waffle. They have cereal, bagels, hot coffee, and fresh juice. This particular hotel provides rice and miso soup packets. They also slightly change the hot breakfast menu every morning. I had potato pancakes, potato wedges, and breakfast biscuits over the course of a few days. They also serve free complimentary dinners on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday nights. Depending on where your hotel room is, it might be a bit of a walk to the lobby.
The hotel service is friendly. I would totally recommend it to anyone who is planning to stay in south Orange County.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate your comments and so glad you were able to enjoy the breakfast each day and the Social Hours Monday through Wednesday. We will be happy to welcome you "home" whenever you are in the area again.

Thank you again!
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Just had a group meeting at this hotel this past weekend. The staff went out of their way to help us and anticipated our needs before we asked them in some instances. Everyone from the front desk staff to the airport shuttle driver were very pleasant and easy to work with. The breakfast was good and plentiful with a fresh variety of foods. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
We are so happy you enjoyed your meeting with us. I will pass your great comments to our staff and we hope we get to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I really enjoyed this hotel. The rooms were very large and comfortable. The staff was great. The location is fair,but the hotel does offer a shuttle within the local area which makes it very convenient. I truly look forward to my next visit to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and I will pass your comments on to our staff. The shuttle is great to get you anywhere within 5 miles which includes South Coast Plaza, the Fairgrounds, and John Wayne Airport. We hope to see you again soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Booked a 2 bedroom suite for my fiancé 2 weeks before our wedding so she could get away with friends. I reserved the room through their reservation service on the phone and was told the room would come out to 239.00 for the night. At no time did the reservation specialist inform me of the 850$ weekend party fee. Once my fiancé checked in the staff ( who was very rude and unhelpful) informed her of the charge but since it was already the day for the reservation the room could not be cancelled without a penalty. The 850$ fee was charged to my credit card WITHOUT authorization! Thanks Residence Inn from taking $ 850 out of our wedding savings fund! Great way to treat a frequent Marriott customer and rewards member!

• Stayed September 2012
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I am so sorry about the miscommunication regarding the charges we put on your credit card. The authorization hold was released the day of check out and funds should of been available that week. Again, I apologize for the lack of communication

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I wanted to spend the weekend in Newport Beach but didn't want to spend a lot of money on a hotel since technically it's not too far from my house (I live in LA) and I could drive to and from OC in a day. I had my dog with me as well. I found this hotel that is dog friendly and because it's a little off the beaten path it's not as pricy as the other hotels in the area. I had a studio room that was so spacious by studio standards. It was very welcoming, clean and incredibly cozy. I actually remember thinking I wished I was staying an extra day or 2. The bed was so comfortable and it just felt like home away from home. I also liked how each room had it's own entrance from outside as if you were entering an apartment directly from the parking lot. The hotel is set up like an apartment building complex. The breakfast in the morning was the typical hot Residence Inn breakfast, no complaints. There way also a few food places in the area for dinner (delivery and sit down).

The location really wasn't far from where I wanted to be at all - a 10-15 minute drive to Balboa Island (which is a gorgeous area to spend the day). I honestly had set my standards low just because it was off of the beaten path but I was thoroughly impressed with the hotel, from quality to price to location to service. A nice budget friendly find if you want to spend the weekend in the Newport Beach area without feeling too guilty about spending money. I'm a huge fan of Marriott but I really wasn't expecting much from them on this trip... nice surprise Marriott.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Sue_Cooke, General Manager at Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us. I am excited to hear you were pleasantly surprised and glad to hear you felt right at home here. Please come back and visit us next time you are in Costa Mesa.

Sue Cooke

Been to Residence Inn Costa Mesa Newport Beach? Share your experiences!