“Spartan and Small...Hey, It's MOTEL 6!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Costa Mesa

You added Motel 6 Costa Mesa to your Saves list
Motel 6 Costa Mesa
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1441 Gisler Avenue, I-405/San Diego Freeway at Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626   |
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
North Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
“Spartan and Small...Hey, It's MOTEL 6!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We only needed a place to rest our tired heads so we booked here...Room is really tiny, jail like...But the bath area is large with new fixtures...Go figure...Nothing on the walls and the furniture lends itself to the feeling you are spending the night at IKEA...Bed was a queen, too small for large folks like us...I was up and down all night long...PLUS, I need to have several pillows to sleep well...ONE each here...Location is right by the freeway, so that was a plus...Looking for a MOTEL 6 experience, this place lives up to that...Need a room, book it here for just a place to sleep and...well, you know the drill...

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs...No elevators, just lots of stairs...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

a bed , sink , toilet, shower ! no fridge, micro one towel and poor pressure from sink / shower.super bright lights. crappy towels roaches in a dirty microwave in the room where u get ice from .weirdos outside. Police patrolling looking for crime action in the parking lot. hard beds.no dressers, or luggage space, tiny rooms. no place for kids . one person , one night and thats it. my room was clean but didnt feel like 79.99 $ worth. it wasclose to shopping / highway , thats good .i give it one starr. no free breakfast or wifi. no good. the travel lodge is the same price or less and you get all that they dont supply. never again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh yea, the pools dirty and small.my 11 yr old son hated it. A Plus was the central a/c in our room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Tustin, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed in this Motel 6 for a few days when I couldn't find vacancies closer to me. I could see why it was vacant when I came searching. The room was nice enough, but there was no fridge or microwave, and when I did eventually find the microwave, I discovered it had some unwelcome guests (I guess roaches CAN survive the nuclear holocaust, apparently, if they can survive 2 minutes in the microwave).

At least it was cheap (for Costa Mesa).

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Gold Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

As soon as you opened the door of the room it absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke, both my partner and I suffered from headaches and nausea whilst in the room, absolutely disgusting. The staff were nice, the price was reasonable for the room but the smell was unacceptable. Highly advise not taking children to this hotel

• Stayed June 2014
Newport Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

worst hotels i have ever stayed at they charge you $2.99 for WIFI but it goes in and out and most of the time its down and they will not refund it and if u want it fixed you have to call the internet provider to fix it there is drugs everywhere there and a bunch of black hookers and crack heads and the rooms smell like mildew and to top it off it the manager who is this tall ugly fat girl and she sees any weird activity going on she will call the cops but this was because i was 2 hourslate on paying for the room because i was at work!!! Cops came put me in handcuffs and tore up my room DON'T NOT STAY HERE TRUST ME!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: ALL ROOMS ARE DRUG ROOMS so pick one by the trah can
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

This place was the bottom of the barrel. The had the worst customer service I have ever seen and made you feel like they were doing you a favor by staying there. We were so disgusted that we were checking into another hotel and because we were 30 minutes past the time to check out, they called the police to say we were trespassing. If I was a crack head like most of the people staying there, I would never stay again. Save yourself the trouble and just sleep in car or on the street, you will be treated better.

• Stayed April 2014
Lincoln, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our room was small, clean, well maintained and inexpensive, just what you expect from a Motel 6. We stayed there because we were travelling with our dog and Motel 6 allows pets. Their location is right by the 405 freeway and Harbor Blvd. making it central to that part of Orange County. Although the freeway was close by, we heard no traffic noise in our room, which faced the pool. There is a great selection of restaurants and fast food places nearby. Denny's and Burger King are next door, In 'N Out Burger is across the street on Harbor Blvd, there's an IHOP and Taco Bell down the street, and on and on. If you are looking for convenience and an inexpensive place to stay, this Motel 6 is a good choice,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!