“Great Hotel for Price” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel for Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went to the Costa Mesa Marriott Suites to attend a wedding in the area. We decided to make a weekend of it. The suite was very comfortable and functional. The breakfast, which came with the room on our package, was very good and had a lot of choices including made-to-order omelets. The staff was great. We will stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location

Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Location and Location , Perfect location , just in the same area of the lovely south coast plaza mall .
Rooms are comfortable and has a kitchinette & sofa , some rooms with a view on the lake .
Starbucks coffee in Lobby by the hotel cafe , Laundry room is clean and you can wash your clothes especially when you are on vacation with kids you definitely need it , instead of leaving the hotel for public coin laundry .
Coffee and tea in room , the coffee is good and the disposable cups I like , more clean
Bed , pillows and duvet are good too
Staff of the hotel was sooooo helpful , one of the managers were standing out side of the hotel when we arrived with a plenty of suit cases and he helped me with them , it was a very nice start for my stay .
I would definitely go back there

Room Tip: Not beside an elevator
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My son & I stayed at the Marriott Suites in Costa Mesa and were very happy with our stay. The suite had a separate bedroom/bath and a small living living room area with comfortable sofa bed, desk, frig and sink. The king size bed was "Marriott comfortable" as always, and the suite was pleasantly decorated. Check in and out lived up to the Marriott standards we expect with friendly, helpful staff. The small store was nice to grab snacks to take to our room. We enjoyed a good lunch outdoors by the pool in nicely landscaped surroundings. At night it's beautifully lit and has a fire pit and comfortable seating. Ask for a room with a view of the pool area so as not to have a view of the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Tiburon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Average hotel, the "suites" are clean but feel cramped and out of date. Food quality is below average, couldn't finish burger I ordered; breakfast was average. I had to wait 10 minutes at the front desk before someone could help me check out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

This has become my go-to hotel in central Orange County. For the rate, you simply cannot beat the space in the room. It truly is a Suite with a separate living room with its own TV. There is ample room, which is not something you can say about many hotels. The hotel isn't super-modern, but it's a great deal when compared to other hotels in the South Coast area. It's very quiet, too. I could see the 405, 55 and airport from my room, but I never heard them, unless I was on the balcony. The pool and exercise room are great, and in a nice courtyard area overlooking a lake. The only drawback is the $23 daily parking, so keep that in mind when comparing rates in the area. This time I decided to take a cab to Main Street in Huntington Beach one night, but I went with Uber instead and it was only $16 each way.

I will definitely check rates at other area hotels for my next trip, but the Marriott will definitely be the standard I measure them against.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MLNC
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were two couples celebrating the husbands birthdays with an overnighter here paired with nice dinner at the Capital Grille down the street. Able to arrive and get into our rooms at 2pm, we enjoyed two king suites on the 5th and 7th floor and got to the pool for some sun and cocktails. I was surprised at how many families with children were at the pool, quite busy....but we did find four loungers together and planted ourselves for a few hours. The hotel does have a bar/restaurant in the lobby for ordering drinks or snacks but no service. We are gold elite members so we enjoyed the nice buffet breakfast in the morning, great omlettes cooked to order, meats, waffles, pancakes, fruits and anything else you'd need with good service. Their shuttle drove us to the restaurant which was very nice, and we walked/waddled home afterwards. Marriott does a great job and we love all their levels of hotels for any of our travel needs. Great job......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kenneth Q
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you need to be in this area of LA it is a comfortable handy roomy hotel room. There is a complimentary shuttle from John Wayne airport and a large shopping centre just up the road with lots of restaurants around. Staff helpful and hotel well maintained. Pool area is also nice.

Room Tip: I think all rooms at this hotel would be ok. Not a big difference in views but probably some would...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4.0 of 5 stars 689 reviews
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Mesa Inn

Been to Costa Mesa Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!