“A Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Gig Harbor, Washington, United States
“A Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

My son & I stayed at the Marriott Suites in Costa Mesa and were very happy with our stay. The suite had a separate bedroom/bath and a small living living room area with comfortable sofa bed, desk, frig and sink. The king size bed was "Marriott comfortable" as always, and the suite was pleasantly decorated. Check in and out lived up to the Marriott standards we expect with friendly, helpful staff. The small store was nice to grab snacks to take to our room. We enjoyed a good lunch outdoors by the pool in nicely landscaped surroundings. At night it's beautifully lit and has a fire pit and comfortable seating. Ask for a room with a view of the pool area so as not to have a view of the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Tiburon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

Average hotel, the "suites" are clean but feel cramped and out of date. Food quality is below average, couldn't finish burger I ordered; breakfast was average. I had to wait 10 minutes at the front desk before someone could help me check out.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This has become my go-to hotel in central Orange County. For the rate, you simply cannot beat the space in the room. It truly is a Suite with a separate living room with its own TV. There is ample room, which is not something you can say about many hotels. The hotel isn't super-modern, but it's a great deal when compared to other hotels in the South Coast area. It's very quiet, too. I could see the 405, 55 and airport from my room, but I never heard them, unless I was on the balcony. The pool and exercise room are great, and in a nice courtyard area overlooking a lake. The only drawback is the $23 daily parking, so keep that in mind when comparing rates in the area. This time I decided to take a cab to Main Street in Huntington Beach one night, but I went with Uber instead and it was only $16 each way.

I will definitely check rates at other area hotels for my next trip, but the Marriott will definitely be the standard I measure them against.

Stayed July 2014
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We were two couples celebrating the husbands birthdays with an overnighter here paired with nice dinner at the Capital Grille down the street. Able to arrive and get into our rooms at 2pm, we enjoyed two king suites on the 5th and 7th floor and got to the pool for some sun and cocktails. I was surprised at how many families with children were at the pool, quite busy....but we did find four loungers together and planted ourselves for a few hours. The hotel does have a bar/restaurant in the lobby for ordering drinks or snacks but no service. We are gold elite members so we enjoyed the nice buffet breakfast in the morning, great omlettes cooked to order, meats, waffles, pancakes, fruits and anything else you'd need with good service. Their shuttle drove us to the restaurant which was very nice, and we walked/waddled home afterwards. Marriott does a great job and we love all their levels of hotels for any of our travel needs. Great job......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

If you need to be in this area of LA it is a comfortable handy roomy hotel room. There is a complimentary shuttle from John Wayne airport and a large shopping centre just up the road with lots of restaurants around. Staff helpful and hotel well maintained. Pool area is also nice.

Room Tip: I think all rooms at this hotel would be ok. Not a big difference in views but probably some would...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I have been at this hotel for 5 weeks. My initial week had several hiccups but once I brought it to the attention of the Hotel Director of Operations, Michael Tepper, he made every effort to right the wrong. He checked up on me regularly and always made sure I had his number to call him with any issues. He takes the satisfaction of his guests seriously and makes me proud to be a loyal Marriott traveler. Thank you Mr. Tepper for making my extended stay so comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014
Bakersfield, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We got a great deal on the Marriott website; parking and breakfast included. We upgraded to a king suite with view of the lake. The desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room is spacious, and the bed was comfortable. Self parking is $23, so that was great it was included in our rate. And breakfast is plentiful; we had a choice of room service, or from the menu or buffet in the restaurant in the lobby. One morning we did buffet, the next was from the menu; it was all good. We would definitely go back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Costa Mesa Marriott Suites? Share your experiences!