“Marriott . . . consistent & reliable!” 5 of 5 stars

E-Bundle Package
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Clarita, California
“Marriott . . . consistent & reliable!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel and I will definitely return in the fuure. Easy check-in, great orange county location, great room location (right by the pool), clean rooms, modern rooms, respectful staff, fair price, . . what more could you ask for. The only disappointment . . . the hot tub was out of commission. Thank you Marriott . . . . you never disappoint!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has never disappointed me. I've stayed a few times for business, most recently last week. Always attentive, friendly and quick to offer assistance.

Ask for a high floor, pool view room and you'll have a view of the inner lake and pool. The bar in the lobby is a great place to grab a quick bite if you're in for a night in.

Located a few blocks from the South Coast Mall it's a short walk and offers multiple restaurants if you want to venture out.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel is a warm friendly place to stay. Rooms large, clean and beds are very comfortable. The staff are well above average. Its handy to the freeway and South Coast Plaza Mall is basically across the road (Bristol) . There are also some nice eateries and a 24 HR fitness nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Quick and last minute reservation but enjoyed our stay. Shuttle service was excellent. The rooms were clean room with a comfy bed, & spacious. Staff was very friendly. Although the hotel seemed quiet and the bed comfy, I had a bad night sleeping due to a a car alarm going of every 30 mins in the parking structure. Hotel is close to excellent restaurants and shopping

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
aspou854, Manager at Costa Mesa Marriott Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very sorry about all the inconveniences during your stay with the car alarm. We hope the next time you are visiting the Newport area that you will try us again

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is centered in a great area for shopping and entertainment. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and spacious. We especially liked the balcony off the room. The pool area looked nice but it was too cold to go for a swim. The only thing I could say negative was the parking was expensive.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you both for the nice comments. We offer some great packages that include parking. Many with breakfast as well. You can find them on Marriott.com

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed at this property due to close proximity to buisness meetings. The rooms are clean and spacious. The bed was amazing! Ordered room service which was quick and good quality. Housekeeping did an amazing job. Being a business location I was disappointed by the fee for wireless internet.

Overall the stay was very positive and I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great comments! We do offer free Wi-Fi in our lobby and public areas. We look forward to your next visit.

Monument, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just a quick business trip in and decided to stay closer to the airport to take advantage of the shuttle service and not have the hassle of renting a car so I chose this one, not exactly on airport property but close enough. I was a little shocked when it took over 25 minutes to get a shuttle in the middle of the day ... but the driver was nice enough, checked me in and finally got me on my way after telling me there was no concierge lounge and would I mind the 4th floor. I told him no but had no way of knowing that not only was it a lower floor, but I was directly across from the elevator. Yes, you know the drill, even though it's a suite, you can hear the elevator all night long and the airplanes, thank good stop after a certain hour. I went for a quick workout but the space was anything but inviting except the view of the pool out the one window which didn't have any equipment facing outward. There were only a selection of 3 types of cardio vascular equipment, 4 pieces of antiquated weight equipment (one of them broken but no sign on it) and some free weights and 3 fitness balls. I clearly needs some upgrading. Came back later that evening for dinner and the 10 seats at the bar were filled so I took a table and had the flatbread pizza that was recommended but came with burnt edges. On a good note, besides the tv being way too big for the room in the bedroom, the bed was as you would expect, Marriott down filled comforter white and clean ... if only I could have gotten the air conditioner to go down below 65 so I could have used it and enjoyed my much coveted Marriott bedding. In the morning, I called for the shuttle at 9:20 and was told it only left on the top of the hour so I was forced to take a cab back to the airport. That might have been information I would have liked to have had the afternoon before when I was dropped off but none the less, it will definitely make my decision easier next time I am in the area. I am sorry, but this Marriott is definitely not like the ones I love to stay in and I will do my homework a little better before booking Marriott again just based on the full-service even though I am a Gold member.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room away from the elevator and on the pool side of the hotel; might be quieter wi...