“Dusty, smelly & noisy!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Yuma, Arizona
“Dusty, smelly & noisy!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a last minute change in travel and booked a night in LQ off the 405. Check in was a good indication of the lack of interest in the staff. The place was stinky and the landings and stairs are dirty and littered with trash. The whole place needs a good pressure washing! The room was really dusty and smelled like cat urine. When I complained I was informed sorry we cant move you we are full. So were the nearby properties so I bought some Ozium and sprayed the place went for a walk and it smelled cleaner. The bathroom vent was a joke and the bottom of the shower curtain was gross. I'll avoid it next time! On check out a small discount was made when I complained but I didnt get the sense there was going to be any change happening.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Henderson, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights from June 24-26th and the worst experience I have ever had at LQ. The toilet did not flush, the tub did not drain, the door got jammed and the outside of the hotel was dirty and unkept. Being a pet friendly hotel they did not keep the area clean and did not provide waste bags for the dogs. I will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

New Meadows, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

This is my second review of this property and I last wrote that it was a very tired property. So I was pleased to receive a flyer from LaQuinta saying this property had been renovated. We booked a stay of 5 days at a VERY good rate. The "renovation" is mostly cosmetic and includes new beds and a flat screen TV. New paint, curtains & carpet. Most of the rest of the furniture is the same. First we did not turn the TV on for several days and then when we did we discovered that it did not work. I was unable to connect to the wifi with my iPad. You could not latch the door to the bathroom and you could see daylight all around the front door, not to mention the lack of parking spaces. We arrived downstairs the first morning for their "Bright Side" breakfast only to find no place to sit and only 2 blueberry muffins and a couple of bagels left. No juice, fruit, yogurt, NADA. When we asked they put out some oranges and some toaster waffles. Needless to say we did not return for breakfast during our stay. On the other side of this they worked for a couple of hours and got the TV working. They put me in touch with tech support about my internet connection. After a couple of hours Chris was able to make a call and take care of the problem. In all fairness this property is 42 yrs old and must be a maintenance nightmare. I don't think they are through doing some of the things that need to be done and I also understand they are going to enlarge the breakfast area. The rates and the location can't be beat so if you can stand a little inconvenience by all means stay here as we have been doing for 30 years.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I needed a place to stay for one night so I chose LQ based on previous experiences with other LQs. It was also in a convenient location off of Harbor Blvd and the 405. The room was clean. The people at the front desk was nice and did their job. I had a 2nd floor corner room, closest to the freeway, but it wasn't too bad. The parking lot fills up so you might have to park in the Hooter's parking lot. There is a small pool in between the buildings that gets some sun for a short period in the afternoon and a "gym" (just a few machines in one of the rooms), which I couldn't use because someone locked the door from the inside.

I was a little surprised that someone came to clean my room before 10am (check out is noon). I did not have a do not disturb sign so I just asked her to come back later. She was very eager to get the housekeeping done. Not sure if that's normal there.

Breakfast was not good. The waffles were soggy. Better to stick with cereal or instant oatmeal.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Orange, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed at lq's all over the county but when I explain to the front desk gal at 10:45 pm that I had to park in the next door restaurants parking lot because there was NO parking on the hotels property she said well your lucky you did not have to pay for parking. Well what a %^&*$.

I have never had to pay for parking at a lq and especially at a 2 star property like this one

I just noticed tonight that they had a security guard walking the grounds.

I sure hope there is no damage to my vehicle or it gets towed.

Here is my advise spend a couple dollars more and stay elsewhere

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Morgan Hill
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed here Friday night May 24th. Instead of driving straight to San Diego from San Jose we decided to stay the night. For the price we pay it is worth it. We ask for the room in the back to avoid the noise of the freeway. The room is fine to crash for the night. Bathroom is decent. The only issue the bed is so lumpy I did not get the sleep I wanted so i woke up feeling exhausted. Breakfast is so so nothing exciting to brag about. It's mainly an in and out stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Laguna Hills, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very friendly, great value, I would recommend this La Quinta Inn over all of the value hotels on the market at this time. I spend well over 40 nights a year on the road and this was the best experience.... will use them again soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

La Quinta Inn & Suites Orange County - Santa Ana
Ramada Costa Mesa/Newport Beach
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach

Been to La Quinta Inn John Wayne Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!