“Top notch hotel and staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
San Jose, California
“Top notch hotel and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My company selected this hotel as our contract hotel for 2013 and I have spent probably 30-40 nights here this year already. The room and service are always excellent on all of my stays. This is indeed very impressive, considering I am here very often. This is definitely a well managed and maintained hotel. Kudos to the entire team!

The rooms are average in size and very modern and wonderfully decorated. They offer Keurig as their inroom coffee - truly a dream for those of us coffee lovers. Bath amenities are spa type and very high quality. They smell nice and even great for us guys. Products are moisturizing but not overly greasy or heavy. I always have great skin and hair days when I stay here.

Breakfast items stay relatively fixed - they chose to stay on point with the typical breakfast staples, but all the items are high quality and well prepared. Eggs are fluffy, bacon is crispy and fruits are always fresh. Orange juice taste freshly squeezed and coffee is the medium roast from Starbucks, brewed to perfection.

The only thing that occasional bothers me is the very loud window-mounted AC units. Because the bedding is luxurious and thick, you would have to run the AC during the hotter days. Most of the rooms have ACs that are relatively quiet (for window mount) but some rooms can have very loud units. OC has had a very mild-weathered year, so I only started to run AC all night recently.

Overall, a great and very well managed hotel!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My family planned to make the best of having our house tent fumigated by having a three day staycation. I called the Costa Mesa Crown Plaza, opposed to an internet reservation to ensure that they understood that we had a cat. When we arrived, I stayed in the car while my wife went in to check in where she was informed that they allowed dogs to 20 lbs, but not cats. Interestingly, while she was waiting to talk with the manager, a more valued customer, who was also having his house tented was allowed to bring his cat. This was discussed right in front of her! The best that can be said is that they credited our credit card for the stay. We took our business to the Fountain Valley Residence Inn where we were treated very well.
I will never again darken the threshold of InterContinental Hotels Group properties.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear jedswift,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to improve the service we provide.

Many IHG properties are franchised, independently owned and operated, in this case, we determine our own pet policy, often times in compliance with local ordinances. Our hotel allows dogs only and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards. We are sorry for the troubles you had and do hope that this incident would not deter you from staying with us during your next visit.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I was immediately impressed with this hotel. The hotel was very modern, it appears to be recently renovated. The location is excellent,convenient to freeways, South Coast, restaurants,SNA.The staff was very friendly and accomadating. The room was large and comfortable. The rate was very reasonable for the season and the area. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Good price, modern renovation. Pool was closed which is always a downer me seem to happen frequently to us, grrr!!! Sent us over tooth Hilton pool via van. Comfy bed, good pillows, fairly quiet other than a little road noise and some dudes dogs behind the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I attended a wedding in CA and stayed here. The property is very nice and the employees are exceptional...especially Ashley the bartender and Melia the security person. Everyone who works there was more than willing to help out however they could. I would stay here again and hope that I have the opportunity to do so!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

From the beginning our visit was outstanding. Grant at the front desk made sure we were well taken care of. He even helped my lost friends find their way when they got turned around. The entire staff was great. Our room was clean and the maid staff kept it that way all week. When we got back from my son's game I couldn't find the tv remote so they sent up a new one. We had a view of the pool (and some houses) but it was quiet. Parking was pretty good as well and being right off the freeway made it easy to get around. Great shopping and restaurants nearby. Don't forget to stop at the restaurant near the lobby. The wait staff made us feel right at home. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013
Carrollton, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I loved my stay at this hotel. I was in Orange County twice and stayed there both times. Their staff is so polite and always happy, the rooms a great- very big and comfortable - and the hotel is very clean and well maintained. I really was comfortable here. This will be my sna go-to hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!