“Nice stay. Great room, good bar, good service and awesome shower.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
San Diego, California
“Nice stay. Great room, good bar, good service and awesome shower.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I will stay there again just for the rain shower, room service and the bar. Ashlee served me at the bar all 3 nights I was in town for work and she was great. My room was very clean, comfortable and had everything I needed. I love how easy it is to get to the hotel, lots of open free parking, free Internet and close to everything. Ill be back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
SoCal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I often travel early out of SNA airport and prefer to stay nearby so I don't have to get up to drive an hour. I was thrilled to hear that the old, outdated Crowne Plaza shut down and moved to a new location. I initially thought I was going to be disappointed when I pulled up to the hotel, but the inside of the hotel is boutique style with more updates in progress. The staff is great at both the front desk and at the bar. The rooms are fantastic with completely updated bathrooms. After a little research, I discovered the CP bought this hotel from a private operator that were trying to make it a higher end boutique hotel. Most of the materials in the hotel are high quality, there are some painted finishes showing wear that need to be replaced (interior of elevator and top of the bar). The restaurant is comfortable and I am anxious to host a little party in the adjacent private dining room. The location is conveniently located on the opposite side of the highway from South Coast Plaza. The hotel has a shuttle to take you to all of the restaurants, we decided to take the 10 minute walk to enjoy dinner at the Plaza. It is nice to be able to have a couple drinks and not worry about driving a car. If you are a Priority Club member, they have special rates to earn bonus points towards future stays.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I absolutely adore this hotel! Phenomenal staff, excellent housekeeping, with a nice and modern flare. I have an upcoming reservation at the end of this month and was upset when I was going to stay at a different crowne plaza, but I rearranged my trip dates just so I can stay here! Lance has once again out-done himself at providing excellent service even when I called the hotel at 3AM at night! Fantastic!

This will be my 3rd time staying at this hotel and many more times to come.

This hotel definitely provides the high quality hotel, service, at a reasonable price!

P.S Their beds are sooooo comfortable!

Room Tip: When you can, choose the King bed rooms! They have better bathrooms!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Thanks to the staff Grant, Art, Ashley and special thanks to Chris for his Hospitality. I have stayed here many times and would recommend it to anyone needing a room in the area. When I'm hear again this is where ill will stay without question .

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am heading to the Hotel for Boot Camp CMD Training.This is a preliminary review. But what I can say is that when I called the Hotel for some specific requests (Yes I'm a "specific" traveler and hate flying and have specific needs). Grant at the front desk is great, he accommodated my requests and was helpful with transportation info and getting the extra fridge I need will need in my room. He was also helpful with getting me details for me getting to Disney on Friday to meet my family! Great job! Not even there yet, but looking forward to it! Grant being able to answer advanced local questions was great. True local. I am a former Los Angeles resident from Hollywood and Beverly Hills...Great Job!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

The hotel and service are great. The front desk was very polite and greeted you when you came in. The service at the bar and restaurant was fantastic and Ashley that was working the bar went out of her way to make sure you were taken care of with great service. The general Manager Charles went out of his way as well to make sure my stay was excremental and because of that service I will be coming back time and time again. The food for breakfast is better than you would get at a breakfast only dinner and I recommend it for anybody that stays at this hotel. They treat you like you are on vacation even know you are staying at the hotel just for work. The rooms are great too!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a special place. Charles the GM deserves kudos for creating a great culture. At the bar a girl named Ashley provides very friendly service. You have to stay here and say hi to Ashley. She makes wonderful conversation

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!