“Comfortable and Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

Save Saved
You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 hotels in Costa Mesa
Kuala Lumpur
“Comfortable and Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I really like this hotel for many reasons. Most of all, the location is very convenient....just off the 405 (yet quiet), and very convenient to lots of restaurants and the South Coast Plaza mall about a 7-10 minute walk across the highway. I understand from my friends that folks like to stay here because it's very convenient to Disneyland, and the rates are far less expensive! I noticed that most people staying here were on business.

The rooms are decent size, are very nicely decorated, and the beds are very comfortable. I made sure I got a quiet room as I was worried that one facing the main road would keep me awake at nights. I got a room overlooking the pool and the residential neighborhood at the back so it was mostly very quiet.....except on occasion when the dog next door would start barking at 5am, but it wasn't too bad.

I got to try the gym and happy hour dining/lounge while I was here. The gym is relatively well equipped, but with machines and cardio only....no free weights. There is water and towels provided, and a TV to watch while you're on the treadmill. One can still get a decent workout here. I like that you can open the sliding door out to the ground floor garden level for some fresh air vs the ac.

The dining room was nice......has a section for the bar and lounging area with TV, and an outdoor patio style seating area. The servers were all very friendly and made sure we are taken care of. What's great about happy hour (4-7pm) was that wine, beer, and appetizers are 50% off!

Wifi was included and available in the rooms and public areas. If I had more free time I would have liked to sit by the nicely landscaped pool area that looked very nice from my room. There are cabanas and lots of chairs for laying around either the pool or separate jacuzzi nearby.....and it's never crowded. Just noticed a family dining by the pool this morning for breakfast....that looked like fun! I had the buffet breakfast in the mornings for convenience. It was ok. But there's always a MacDonald's right next door if that's more to your liking.

Overall a very good experience here at the CP. I would definitely stay here again....and thank goodness I found out last minute that this hotel was part of the Priority Club which I'm a member of and racked up more points from my stay! :)

392 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Moscow, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I've stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice in the past year due to work conferences that I occasionally have to attend in the area. My job lets me request where I stay so the first time I stayed here, I just picked it based on the location, price, and pictures. I enjoyed my original stay so much that I requested to stay here again. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the lobby is just fancy. Both times that I have visited there was always ample parking and you can request a quieter part of the hotel if you'd like. My second visit, I did notice that from the 3rd floor on the pool side I could hear children screaming and just commotion from the pool area even after 9pm so if you have to go to bed early, then you might want to request to be on the non-pool side of the hotel. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the area. The furnishings and decor are sleek, modern, and up to date. The linens and pillows are soft and luxurious. It's just like how hotels should be!

My second stay here was over Mother's day 2013 weekend and I was currently pregnant with our first child so my husband faxed over a note for me and had them put a dessert in my room with flowers and they even wrote "Happy Mother's Day" in raspberry sauce on the plate. I thought that was very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: You can always request a quieter floor, and to be on the side of the hotel without the pool if you a...
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Our organization used the Crowne Plaza for a conference. The facilities were just right for our meeting, and perfectly close to the airport.
I was served so graciously by the staff, and want to give kudos particularly to Frank, the man at the front desk who helped me with a problem I had, going above and beyond to make sure my need was met.
The only caveat I'd have is that shower supplies and glassware were not replenished in our room for our second day.

Dubuque, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Crown Plaza as it was in close proximity to John Wayne Airport. I was pleasantly surprised by the in house restaurant, The Savoy. My check in went smoothly and I was comped for my IHG status with some bar vouchers and a parking voucher.

The room was very nice and on par with typical Crowne Plaza's.

I was on a business trip and the internet was quick and the staff very helpful with sending faxes and facilitating printing of some documents.

I really liked the experience at the Savoy. The staff at the bar was very friendly and made an excellent suggestion as the happy hour appetizers were half off. I had two of the seared tuna which was very good and the chef made up some fresh wasabi for me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
North Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

What a clean and friendly hotel!
The location is near to the shopping mall and a lot of good restaurant.
The rate is excellent, too.
If you go Orange County, you need to stay at the CROWNE PLAZA, COSTA MESA.
YOU WILL LOVE IT.
Susie
North Hollywood, California

Room Tip: Pool view?
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel, staff and overall cleanliness of the hotel. During a very busy OC marathon weekend, and a convention group, the hotel managed to keep an air of quiet calm.
Front desk staff were attentive and sweet, the breakfast buffet was quite good. Centrally located & a few minutes drive from South Coast Plaza Mall. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor away from street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I arrived from Latin America after a grueling trip and I met one of the friendliest front office team ready to check me in. Frank Atayde and Chris made me feel so at home with their well mannered and courteous service. Frank is a thorough professional & has indepth knowledge of the Priority Club reward program and how to treat loyal customers which was very refreshing as this was my 4th IHG hotel in a row in the last 2 weeks. Was feeling pretty hungry and decided for late night meal at the bar where I met Ashley, the friendly bartender with great people skills and a permanent smile. Ashley has a great personality & truly enjoys her job and customers & it's the way to go in the hospitality business. Breakfast was a horror the next day and has been so ever since mainly because the breakfast team doesn't have a clue of what service is. Had to get some business document sorted out and the front office managers Andrew and Erin were extremely helpful. I will keep staying in this property because of these remarkable people, but a training on interpersonal skills for the breakfast team has to be conducted urgently. The breakfast needs complete overhaul in presentation & delivery.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!