“Excellent Stay during OC Marathon weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Los Angeles
“Excellent Stay during OC Marathon weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel, staff and overall cleanliness of the hotel. During a very busy OC marathon weekend, and a convention group, the hotel managed to keep an air of quiet calm.
Front desk staff were attentive and sweet, the breakfast buffet was quite good. Centrally located & a few minutes drive from South Coast Plaza Mall. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor away from street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I arrived from Latin America after a grueling trip and I met one of the friendliest front office team ready to check me in. Frank Atayde and Chris made me feel so at home with their well mannered and courteous service. Frank is a thorough professional & has indepth knowledge of the Priority Club reward program and how to treat loyal customers which was very refreshing as this was my 4th IHG hotel in a row in the last 2 weeks. Was feeling pretty hungry and decided for late night meal at the bar where I met Ashley, the friendly bartender with great people skills and a permanent smile. Ashley has a great personality & truly enjoys her job and customers & it's the way to go in the hospitality business. Breakfast was a horror the next day and has been so ever since mainly because the breakfast team doesn't have a clue of what service is. Had to get some business document sorted out and the front office managers Andrew and Erin were extremely helpful. I will keep staying in this property because of these remarkable people, but a training on interpersonal skills for the breakfast team has to be conducted urgently. The breakfast needs complete overhaul in presentation & delivery.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Most recently stay here; I received excellent service and rooms. As a fact, it’s really nice hotel to stay in Costa Mesa, all people are in Hotel really good and wonderful service.

Especially thanks to Frank and Lounce, they always helped me entire stay in hotel.

I plan to stay at same location...without any hesitation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa is a nice spot for a quality stay.

I stayed in a executive suite king room and it was great. The bed was very comfortable and the room was wonderfully clean. The hotel overall is decorated in a very trendy style and the atmosphere was excellent.

From other reviews I had read, I was a little concerned about the noise factor, but this did not materialize at all. The main street out front is very busy, but with the window shades shut, I did not hear anything above the level of gentle white noise. I did stay on weeknights, so it could be worse on a weekend night, but I don't think noise is overall a big problem here.

The room was spacious and comfortable. The only potential topic of discussion is the size of the closet. It was sufficiently sizable, but for more than a few days, the closet might be a tad small. The free in room wifi was great! A nice surprise compared to the $12 plus dollar daily charge of some of their competition.

The staff was excellent on all fronts! The front desk, room service and restuarant staff were all very friendly and helpful. If you are in town for business or pleasure, thye will help make your stay enjoyable.

Overall, I would say the Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa is a solid choice and a great value.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Elizabeth at the front desk you are awesome!!! After traveling on the road for 8 hours and seeing the same sleepy faces all day it was nice to have an warm and inviting welcome to the hotel. She allowed me to do an early check in and checked me in with no issues what so ever. People who genuinely love their job, provide great service, and do it with a smile should definitely be recognized and I believe she should be applauded for what she does! Thank you for providing such a wonderful stay! P.S your light up vanity mirror is awesome and is a girls gift from heaven when doing make up. Great addition!! Lol

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting family. This has to be one of the cleanest, relaxing hotels we have ever stayed at. Check in was very fast and easy. The employees at this location are very friendly, helpful and accommodating. We also had a wonderful complimentary breakfast in the restaurant. Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. The only thing that I would suggest is for new doors on the bathrooms that actually lock and an exhaust fan in the bathroom as well. Other than that, our stay was perfect! Will definitely be staying here again!

Room Tip: If you are booking your room online, make sure you call the hotel directly for any special requests...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before when it was called something else & i enjoyed it just the same. It was worth every bit of the drive from LAX for the comfortable rooms & bar. The staff was pleasant & the lounge was a treat after a long day of fun. The bar was awesome & Ashley the bartender was very helpful with great recommendation on drink choices & bar food which made up for the poor breakfast service we received that morning due to a very rude staff member who was a lady of Hispanic decent who walked by several times yet didn't speak or help with silverware or take our drink orders, but made damn sure to give us our check which was complimentary breakfast & the lady even had the nerve to bum-barged us as we left to see if we paid yelling loudly across the lounge as we left talk about rude. On are last day we had breakfast again & things were great probably because that rude lady wasn't there. Overall I would totally stay again & opt for room service to give this great hotel five stars.

Room Tip: this is a great place to stay, great location, shopping nearby!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!