“Look good on the outside, but the inside still counts.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Look good on the outside, but the inside still counts.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I must say, I need to start writing good reviews also as I am only contributing to the negative banter on the internet. This hotel looks great, the staff seems to be quite friendly, the ambiance is enjoyable, and the gym is top notch. Why then would I write a negative review? Simply because there are no Holy Bibles bedside. Not only are they not available bedside, but when you call the front desk to ask for one, there are none in the whole building. It is sad when Bibles are provided and placed at no cost to a hotel, that a place that put this much time effort and money into making their guests comfortable forgot such an important item. One other thing to mention, the business center has two leased computers that require a credit card to use at a rate of 6.95/15 minutes. I am disappointed and will not stay here again. I will be providing my company this information as well and will make sure we no longer are placed in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Campman612,

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your compliments of our hotel, however, we regret letting you down on some aspects of your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent one night at the Crowne Plaza in Costa Mesa, California, and found the room to be very clean, very comfortable and attractive. The bed was amazingly comfy, and I wonder what kind of mattress or topper was on it! My room had no tub, but an excellent shower instead. On the vanity was an electric makeup mirror with appropriate light settings and magnification on one side, a very nice touch!

The young people at the front desk were very sweet and helpful, and I am glad to write this review to let the traveling public know about this reasonable, excellent overnight stay in Costa Mesa, Ca.

This was a combination business-friends trip.

Natalie from Toronto

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Santa Cruz, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We didn't take advantage of the amenities but found this hotel to be very quiet, comfortable, and with great service, which we did use. Good work space if you're traveling on business and very easy on/off the freeway.

Room Tip: We were at the end near the 405 and the room was very quiet so don't worry.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
River Falls, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

The front desk service from Kanna and Frank was unbelievable they both met my needs for a quiet room and were very gracious after a difficult day of traveling. I will keep coming back to this hotel. The shower is great and the amenities in the room fabulous for the value. Joe

Room Tip: Great people frank and karina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I had a wonderful stay with my sons baseball team from Doane college Nebraska last week. From Grant Haas at the front desk, Victoria Lewis in the office, Greg the courtesy shuttle van driver, the maid service, so many I can't remember all their names. I do know this that it all comes from leadership, Lori Puddester director of sales is a prime example of how she runs her hotel, is how I try and run my Supper Market in Fresno CA. Giving the customer the best shopping experience, with a clean business, and friendly caring employees, Thanks again for the wonderful stay
Doug Achelpohl

• Stayed March 2013
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I recently stayed four nights at the Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa. The well decorated room was extremely comfortable, with plenty of work space. The bathroom has a spa type atmosphere. Because of the outstanding customer service of both Jorge and Javier, I decided to take a moment to share my experience, as the high quality customer service they provided is a rare commodity today. When I asked about a late check out, I received an immediate positive response. I highly recommend Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have traveled extensively over the years and have stayed in many hotels so I feel that I am a good judge. I am a frequent guest at this particular hotel and love it. The staff is amazing. Grant and Frank at the front desk are a complete delight and always make me feel that I am their most important guest! I have to admit that they treat everyone that way which is even better! Javier who tends bar and serves is wonderful. I am a director of customer service for a company and often refer to the team here as a model of customer service. In addition to the staff, the rooms are very comfortable and the shower is the best ever! I highly recommend this hotel and want to say a big thank you to all of the wonderful staff!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are nicely appointed and have great showers! The have recently replaced the a/c un...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!