“Simply Amazing!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
“Simply Amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Reading the previous reviews, I was torn whether to stay at the Crowne Plaza or the Westin...
I definitely made the right choice!!
This hotel is very modern, chic and elegant!
The lobby is beautiful, and the restaurant has a very classy ambiance.
Some had written about the hall ways needing a little updating and I agree.
The rooms are VERY nice and clean! I had an executive king suite and it was spacious! Beds very comfy, bathroom is excellent and again extremely clean!!
There's even great soaps, shampoo's and conditioners!
A little treat that I found so fun was a little sleep tight kit- soothing lotions and a spray that has essential oils to help you rest well... Love it!
Well done Crowne Plaza!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently had a wonderful stay at the newly remodeled Crown Plaza. The staff was extremely
friendly and attentive especially Jorge at the front desk. The rooms were very nicely decorated and the bed was very comfortable. Both the pool and hot tub were heated which made for a nice experience on those chilly evenings. Also, the food was outstanding in their restaurant.

travelerscubed
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here a week for business. Was given a room in the "Executive" wing. Nice and quiet! Entire room was very clean. The bed was really comfortable with lots of pillows to choose from. The room had a sofa bed as well. Nice not to always have to sit on the bed or in the desk chair. Bathroom was large enough with a super shower - one of those rain shower heads. There was also a hand held shower head, if you wanted to use that. Water drained well from the tub! (Nothing worse than standing in inches of dirty water.) They offered average amenities of shampoo, conditioner, hand cream, and soap.
I was surprised that the room did not have a little refrigerator. They do have them as an extra you can request for $10/day. They took this off my bill at the end for being an Ambassador member.
The front desk and all the staff were excellent - pleasant and efficient. The hotel is near a huge mall (South Coast Plaza) with lots of upscale designer stores. Name a designer and they are probably represented. There is a shuttle that will take/return you. Area is nice - I felt quite safe.

I ate the breakfast buffet daily. It was the usual eggs, bacon (really good!), potatoes, breads, etc... All was hot and fresh, just not much variety. I did eat in the restaurant for lunch and had room service twice. All meals were delivered as promised and hot or cold as the meal required.

The work out room was fine. I only used the treadmill. They provide towels, water, and TV. Did not use the pool.

I will definitely stay here again. I already have another reservation here in a few weeks.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days on business. It has a nice location next to the mall for evening dinners and to just waste some time. The breakfast buffet was good, but I didn't eat any other meals there. The room was very comfortable, clean and quiet. It does have shuttle service to/from the SNA airport. Supposedly, the shuttle also runs to anywhere in Costa Mesa, but every time I asked they were too busy so I ended up taking a cab.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was on a business trip. Stayed there for a week. Got a surprise bottle of red wine and fruit plate when checked in the room. The King bed is very nice. The service crew were fantastic. A guy from front deck Grant is really good and very helpful. I would stay there again. Only improvement can make is to make different stuff for breakfast.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Working in a hotel myself, I have to say I was thoroughly impressed with the entire stay; the room was immaculate, the setup was accessible and comfortable, the amenities were on par, the bed was SO COMFORTABLE, it was quiet and just aesthetically pleasing overall. Check in and check out we're smooth and efficient with great personalities at the front desk. Andrew and Jorge were stellar at their job. The wedding reception venue was awesome--the staff was incredible. Food was so delicious it was hard to not overfill. I'd totally come back to this hotel in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013
Abilene, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Very nice lobby area and restaurant. Great bar service (thanks Rachel and Eddy). Very friendly staff. Some of the public areas, like hallways and elevators, definitely need improvement but the room was very nice/new looking. Heat/A-C did not work properly. View out my window was the pool, and someone's back yard. Pretty convenient to most of my meetings in Orange County, but not in an area where you can walk around to either shop or grab some dinner. Check-in took way too long, but I was given a free drink coupon for my trouble (I didn't complain, they just offered it). Probably one of the best hotels available at the price point - it was very affordable for the area, probably the same price as a nearby La Quinta or Holiday Inn Express, but with the amenities of a full service hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear MangaMan,

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our public area condition and customer service from the front desk. We will look into this point. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!