“good business hotel - good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Phoenix, Arizona
“good business hotel - good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My travel agency selected this one for us - good corporate rate. It appears to be recently remodeled - it has free wifi + nice work desk in the room, comfortable bed, large room. friendly helpful staff. My only minor complaint and I would have given it an excellent had it not had this artificially induced problem- they just this week started to charge for parking - really? 10 bucks a day to park? and there is nothing special - its not covered or heated - air conditioned nor do they wash and wax your car while its parked out there. My other minor irritation none of the external doors work with your key card - you have to come in through the front lobby door. I am sure if you ask you will be told "its for your security convenience and safety" which is the standard response from those looking to add hassles and complications to your daily life for their own purposes or to extract cash from us. so imagine your long journey and you want to bring your bags in but the space (that you are paying for remember) is close to the side door and you can go right to your room conveniently from there however - well you cant because they have disabled it so it cannot be unlocked securely from outside. (every other hotel I stay at has figured out the technology to do this somehow) So you get to haul all your stuff around to the front door and tote it right by the door that you just parked next to outside and you can see your car from ahhhh. I guess the thinking is $ mo-Money.$. pay for parking then go inside and pay a vig for the guy to haul your bags in because they made it harder than it had to be so you need them. Everybody is up-selling I guess in this economy but - really? create a problem then sell the solution - sort of ingenious really. if they had free breakfast and fixed the parking and access issues it would be perfect and I would have given them an excellent rating. Otherwise it gets the job done and nothing to really not like here. If you are a priority club member and push back on the parking thing - I think they know its ridiculous and they comped it for me which I appreciate but be warned. It may seem nit picky but I get tired of getting nickel and dime'ed by hotels for things that should just be a part of staying there It messes me up on my expense report because I have to list parking and all these nonsense charges as separate line items and its a hassle. - if Hampton in can do it then more people can too.

Room Tip: have the front desk get you a room which is less highway noise -facing the back pool vs the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I just checked into this hotel, and it's pretty nice. I normally stay at the other namebrand hotels in the area but everyone was full so I tried the Crowne Plaza for the first time. So far so good. Clean reasonably modern and friendly

• Stayed February 2013
Gardnerville, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Looked for a "non-surfer" hotel near the beach towns and found this! Clean, quality finishes (tile, granite, glass shower). Comfortable king bed and good pillows. The desk personnel, like Javier, were informative and helpful with all my questions.

Room Tip: Room was small, but size is offset by the high quality.Be sure to ask for special rates, such as sen...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa CA is our home away from home since last Nov. (for 3 months and we are still staying) while working on a project. Its location is near the SNA airport; breakfast, lunch, and dinner are top of the line; the rooms as well as the bed and pillows are so comfortable and clean. BUT, its best feature is the service especially FRANK at the front desk. He has helped us with extra pillows, water, shuttle bus and just about anything. He always make sure our accomodations are hassle-free and stress-free after a hectic day at work. Thanks, FRANK.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Lakeville, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel was easy to get to with close access to the 405, and the hotel front desk staff was super helpful and accommodating! They even let me use their printed and fax for free instead of paying for the ones in the computer room! Nice staff, nice rooms, and overall a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Orange County area!! The rooms were excellent, and very clean. The front desk staff went above and beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable. I was always warmly greeted and the staff was most helpful. The shuttle service was wonderful. They will take you anywhere nearby for dinner or shopping. I was sick and the driver, Greg, took me to CVS to get some allergy medicine. The hotel is right next to South Coast Plaza so you will have plenty of things to do at night or even shopping during the day.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I should have written my accounts over the past 10+ years, traveling now over 230 days each year. i have stayed at easily over 600 hotels. The last couple of years I have had longer stays.I have been at this hotel three of the past four weeks and it truly is the best Crowne Plaza thus far (maybe out of a dozen). Overall it rates in the top 10% re addressing what I need, and the staff does so quickly. The staff at front desk, especially great at getting things done. Housekeeping, after a couple of issues, did come through and address a couple of items. I wish I could take this hotel with me wherever I travel - wow, only if I could find a way (ha)!

Room Tip: Rooms on road side a little noisy (But so is the street where I live)...so, just turn the fan on low...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!