“Reservation Issues” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Reservation Issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was very disappointed in the customer service of this company. I was reserving a room online and the date kept resetting to 2 weeks out. I corrected it and confirmed (stupidly not printing out or taking a screen shot). When my confirmation email arrived it had the wrong date again. I called immediately to correct this and they were unable to because apparently now it was booked on the date I needed. They also couldn't put me into a nearby hotel. Since it was a "Book Early" reservation they could not give me a refund. Whoever is in charge of the online system needs to fix this glitch and the company needs to be more willing to help a customer when this happens.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear CStang,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to about your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Costa Mesa.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

What can I say, Everyone at the Crown Plaza treats you like a celebrity, the rooms are perfect, makes you feel like you are on vacation,The Dinning room and food are outstanding, I wish I could name everyone because they all work very hard to make your stay special.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nipomo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on 1/4/2013 and 1/5/2013 in a King-bed room. The room was spotless, the bed was very nice and the shower was great. The front desk led by Jennifer and Jorge were very helpful, smiled and helpful. The wait-staff in the dinning room for breakfast on Saturday and Sunday were amazing. They were lead by a waiter named Eric who smiled all of the time. He and the other two gentlemen made us feel comfortable and like members of their families. They got everything that we asked for and were super.

Room Tip: 5th floor has less noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Walking in my hotel room, i was surprised and did not expect the rooms to look like that. The room was absolutely stunning and comfortable, it really did feel like i was on vacation. We arrived a little late and this friendly front desk worker who checked us in (did not get his name) gave amazing service, he was very welcoming and was very accommodating. I was extremely happy with my king bed room and the beds were very comfortable and the room was very very clean. the staff is very very friendly and welcoming, which I liked. The hotel is in a very convenient area (405 freeway right there) and next to Newport Beach. My only complaints were my room did not have comedy central channel on TV and I experienced poor, slow WIFI internet connection (kept on getting kicked off) and the restaurant seemed more expensive than other hotels i've stayed at and did not have good selection and therefore we did not dine there. Despite those technical glitches I really was happy with my stay and I will 100% most likely return! Stay at this hotel, it was a excellent experience. I Recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: choose a room farther away from elevator to eliminate some of the noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Was extremely happy with the property rooms well appointed and spacious. The front desk staff take the cake really making my stay exceptional, Thank you especially to Jorge with his back up Jennifer. We had breakfast vouchers for the restaurant service was great and portions very generous, the smoked salmon plate "yum". They serviced our conference breaks and meals quietly and quickly to pluses when you only have a small amount of time. Oh and really must mention the fun team building cooking competition the executive chef organized for us.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Laguna Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We live close to Costa Mesa, but wanted to make a night out of a concert we were attending nearby, so chose the hotel on a whim. What a great pick! The outside is not much to look at but once you get inside, it is beautiful. The room was spacious and comfortable - and the bed was perfect! I don't think I have ever encountered a friendlier staff - everyone we spoke to was helpful and accommodating, not to mention full of personality. If you are looking for a hotel with access to nearby entertainment, this will work! You have South Coast Plaza right down the street (with free shuttle service to and from the hotel) with a number of great restaurants, not to mention world-class shopping. Additionally, the hotel is right next to the 405 freeway and very close to Newport Beach. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West Jordan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Our family checked in only to be surprised with one bed. Immediately we went down stairs and spoke to a gentlemen named J. Mejia. I was extremely impressed how quickly he handled the situation and put us in a room that had 2 queen size bed. He so friendly and told us to contact him if we had any other questions or concerns. He also help me print off Disney tickets from the printer that I couldn’t seem to quite get! :)

When we checked in our room I was satisfied with the overall cleanliness of the hotel, until we got in the bathroom and was welcomed by a spider, vent full of thick dust, and pubic hairs in the tub. With my dissatisfaction I called the front desk and requested the tub be cleaned out again. My guess it was never actually cleaned, probably just a quick wipe down. Another problem we encounter with the hotel was a night it got really cold and the heater wasn’t the best and to make matters worse, it was pretty loud. If you’re a lite sleeper I highly recommend you bring ear plugs.

We order breakfast one morning, I must say it was quite overpriced and disgusting. Luckily there’s a McDonald’s right next door. It was very convenient to walk out of the hotel and only a few steps was McDonald’s.

Besides the bathroom hiccup and the loud heater, overall I was impressed with the hotel. The staff was very kind and professional. To be honest the only reason I would check back into this hotel would be because of the staff.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!