“Again an Amazingly comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County

You added Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County to your Saves list
Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3131 S Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626 (Formerly The Hotel Hanford)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Plainfield, Indiana
“Again an Amazingly comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This is my second visit and my second review for this hotel. I have had nothing but good things to say about this hotel. The staff is accommodating, warm & friendly, helpful and always with a smile. I called to the front desk a few times during my stay and they were always quick to get me the things that I needed including fulling an ice bucket and bringing it to my room. The GM even stopped to show us were the hot tub was on the first afternoon we were there. The hotel was clean and the housekeeping staff kept the hotel looking amazing. And the Keurig single cup coffee maker is a great touch with both tea and coffee selections. If you are have the chance, get into one of their king spa rooms. The shower and large enough for 2 (if two of you want to get into the shower together) with a wonderful rainwater shower head. You definately can not go wrong with the Hotel Hanford!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in one of the King Spa rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thanks so much! We really appreciate your kind review! We are so glad you chose The Hotel Hanford again and then took the time to leave a second review of your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back for a third stay sometime soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Waterford, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

What a GREAT hotel! Dollar for dollar, you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal in Costa Mesa. The shuttle service was enormous to the pleasure of my two week stay with plenty of things to do in within a five mile radius (South Coast Plaza, Santa Ana art community, Irvine Spectrum) to name a few. Courteous, prompt attention to every detail and SO CLEAN! The restaurant is a jewel! DO eat here. I'm surprised the locals haven't caught on to this one yet....but I'm sure they will soon! The pool and hot tub area....super nice. The gym another great ammentiy. I came out solo to visit my daughter and midway through my oldest came out and joined us. The hotel staff welcomed all and made us feel right at home. Within walking distance I enjoyed a nail salon, massage therapy, shopping, dining and clean, safe streets. To every member of the staff I extend a sincere THANK YOU and to the owners, I salute you. I also felt very good in supporting a family run local business and not some big chain. I have stayed in a lot of hotels (Ritz Carlton Central Park South in New York being one). Dare I say I liked this one even more? It felt so comfortable and REAL! Stay here....I'm not kidding!

Room Tip: make sure to visit the website.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
We cannot express how flattered we are by your review! Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words on your stay at The Hotel Hanford! It’s exiting to hear that we were able to accommodate you and that you were able to takeadvantage of our central location in Orange County and complimentary shuttle service . Again, we appreciate your review, as well as your recommendation, and your kind words will be passed along to our senior management.
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Hotel Hanford was quiet, clean, & the people friendly and helpful. When we first checked in, our A/C unit was super loud. We called down and maintenance came-up within 5 minutes. As it turns out, the unit was unusually loud and they moved us to another room immediately. McDonalds is walking distance...right next door. Quick drive to Huntington Beach Pier, South Coast Plaza, & Mitsuwa Marketplace. The ventilation in the bathroom was on the weak side...we had to wipe down the mirror because it was dripping with water after taking a shower... but the location, price, & cleanliness made up for this minor inconvenience. We would stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the freeway!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review of your experience. It is pleasing to hear that you were able to take advantage of our central location to everything Orange County and that we were able to assist you in switching rooms upon arrival. We will look into your comment about the ventilation in the bathrooms and look forward to hosting you again!
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012 via mobile

This place is so nice that I almost didn't want to share it with anyone. Brian at the front desk is very professional and suggested great restaurants. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The pool was always deserted and quiet! The restaurant was really good as well. Located near the mall.

• Stayed August 2011
We are flattered by your kind review! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We will be sure to pass these comments along to both Brian and our senior management. Until next time! :)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here twice in the the span of a few months when they first rennivated and we loved it. This is a very nice and modern hotel. Rooms are kinda small but nice. Beds are super comfy! Hotel staff are very nice and helpful. Gym was not too shabby. Bar was nice but didn't bother eating at their restaurant cause of all the other delicious places nearby.

There is a McDonalds right next door and a mini Japanese Plaza and market about a block away. My husband and I walked to the market's food court to eat everyday of our stay.

West Coast Plaza is a two minute drive and a few miles in the other direction are more "mom and pop" Japanese restaurants (which I love!) Target and Little Saigon are nearby; a close drive.

Highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011
Thanks so much for the stellar review and recommendation! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience and love hearing that you enjoyed both of your recent stays. It is our pleasure to provide amenities for our guests, such as the comfortable beds and gym, and we're glad to hear you took advantage of our central Orange County location! We look forward to hosting you and your husband again.
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2012

Although this was a business trip, the service and amenities made it feel like a vacation. The facilities were impeccable and the service was personalized. They provided excellent room service. The salmon was cooked to perfection. Later they delivered a beautiful fruit tray and delicious water from Norway. The entire hotel was beautifully decorated with warm, soothing colors and contemporary, yet comfortable furnishings... The walk-in glass shower was to die for...with a rain shower head and your could visually see the temperature of the water as you adjusted it...no need to wait for it to warm up. The pool sported elegant cabanas and a very nice pool. They also provide a free shuttle in a five mile radius of the hotel. This not only includes the airport, but various shopping and entertainment venues. I would highly recommend this hotel to couples or families traveling.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you might want a room that does not face the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review with such great details! Our hotel was recently remodeled by Martha Burke and we’re glad you enjoyed her work as much as we do. We are also glad to hear that although you traveled on business you were still able to enjoy the pool area and other amenities we offer our guests. It’s our goal to make every visit feel special regardless of the reason for the stay! We will be sure to pass along your compliments of the salmon to our Executive Chef David Fune as we’ve recently debuted his new menu and he appreciates all guest feedback. We hope to see you again the next time business or pleasure bring you to the area.
Salinas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

My 15 year old daughter and I stayed two nights recently at this Hotel. She was doing a water polo tournament and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. It used to be a Holiday Inn but was taken over by Hanford hotels, everything is new. It was very stylishly decorated and very elegant. The bathroom shampoo and conditioner was terffic, as the rain shower head. My daugher was so tired from her games. I called the Savoy restaraunt and asked if I could order some dinner and pick it up to avoid room services charges, they said absolutely. The food very good. The internet connect on Sat. evening was overloaded, it can only accomodate 150, so we had trouble getting on the server with our PC, but somehow our ipad had no problem. The hotel was also sold out. Between the Hilton across the street and the Hanford, there were about 270 girls participating. The parking is free, and there was plenty of it. The wi-fi was also free. It had a coffee maker. Truly a very pleasant stay.

TeamHotelHanford, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide details of your stay at The Hotel Hanford. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed our décor as our decorator, Martha Burke, worked very hard on this remodel. Along with the new look there was also a new menu released by Executive Chef David Fune, so we will be sure to pass along your stellar review of your meals. It’s wonderful to hear that you were able to take advantage of our amenities, such as free parking and wifi, and it was our pleasure to host you and your daughter during her tournament. We look forward to seeing you again for the next one!

Been to Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County? Share your experiences!