This hotel is one of the sweetest surprises I imagine anyone could receive this year. This boutique hotel has all of the sophistication and added perks travelers like me enjoy and all of the personal touches of a small-town B&B.
I had to be in Costa Mesa for a week, more or less. No fun, no frills, just work. Similar to most of us, I imagine, all I wanted was a reasonable rate, a clean room and adequate light at a work space that was not swarmed with branded hotel tchotchkes.
This hotel seemed to fit those requirements, but it is vastly more than that.
- The lobby has a very open, welcome feel. The coffee they provide gratis in the lobby every morning is key.
- The rooms are very efficient - I'd call it a Miami Art Deco decor that is very simplistic, but elegant. Nice without being kitschy.
- The huge, comfy bed was a relief. Big fluffy pillows and no synthetic mystery top sheet with who-knows-how-many previous guests' germs.
- Ditto the comments on the shower - the clean, elegant walk-in shower is huge and the large watering can showerhead provided for a very comfortable shower.
- Good-size, high-quality terricloth bath linens made such a difference. Loved the trendy cotton robe they provide.
- Excellent food and wine! I had room service from the Savoy downstairs every night so I could keep working and the salmon, burger, wine selection and everything else are divine.
- The desk was more than enough space and the lighting was excellent - I'm very picky about that - and the electrical outlets for your laptop and mobile are mounted right on the edge of the desk. No diving behind drapes and furniture to find an available outlet.
- The gym is simplistic, but adequate. A couple of cardio machines and free weights with fresh, cool water, ample gym towels and a good, flatscreen TV on the wall so you can use your work-out time to catch up on the world. That's all I needed.
- True, no fridge, no mini-bar, but good food from the Savoy was much more important to me than macadamia nuts and toffee bites.
- The pool looked terrific, not like a careless afterthought, but I did not have time to enjoy it.
And finally, the people were incredible. Brian, Greg, Athena., Tamaeus and Jenn were wonderful. The all knew my name by Day #2 and treated me as if I were a resident. Thanks, Guys!
Don't pass up this hotel if you have occasion to be in the area!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County offers convenience, comfort and impeccable services for all of our guests. Our newly designed guest rooms are carefully, crafted, thoughtfully decorated and offer a level of comfort that rivals fine hotels and resorts around the world. Our Restaurant and Lounge offers our guests creative interpretations of traditional cuisine with a touch of European style. Our outside Terrace is the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a cocktail under the stars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Costa Mesa Orange County CA