“Clean place, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Surrey, Canada
“Clean place, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Excellent service and very clean, large and modern rooms. The beds were very comfortable too. Located on a very busy road, but close to all amenities. The pool around back is nice for a nighttime swim :) the staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Avon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I read the reviews before I booked and they were great. I have to say that the service was excellent. The lobby was very nice and even the rooms were nice with the exception of the small tear in the carpet between the sleeping area and the bathroom. However, I just couldn't get past the location. There is a trailer park right next to the hotel and a highway right across from it which I could hear traffic during the night and early morning. The parking lot was in the garage under the hotel and you couldn't get into the hotel lobby without walking around the hotel unless you had a room key. I checked in after dark, so I didn't care for that.
The lady at the front desk said the area was safe. When I travel, I like to be able to walk to get coffee or whatever and I just didn't feel comfortable doing that. There are very few chain hotels around the area and none within walking distance. Then of course there was the homeless guy holding a sign just a few blocks from the hotel by the freeway entrance.
I prefer the Holiday Inn on S. Grande. It is a little more expensive, but I like the area better.
There was one other issue. Since I didn't feel comfortable walking around and I was there for business, I had extra time in the morning. However, the internet access wasn't working and very slow when it was. It took me an hour to get it fixed after calling their tollfree technical support and having their system rebooted.

Room Tip: Avoid the side by the highway and the one that overlooks the trailer park
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear 2CKGkids,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is wonderful to know you appreciate the service you received. We are sorry to hear that we failed to meet your expectations with our amenities. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

We've stayed at many Holiday Inn Express locations, and this one is by far the best. Great location near Newport Beach and reasonable prices - great breakfast and the whole place has been newly renovated. Everything is top notch.

The staff is the high point - Tyler and Cliff were just as nice and pleasant as could be and were very helpful in recommending restaurants, giving driving instructions, etc.

Do yourself a favor and stay here when you are in this Orange County area.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Rockford, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2014

Beautiful completely updated Holiday Inn Express with super friendly staff, especially Tyler at front desk! Beautiful rooms, awesome location to the ocean, very nice pool area, exercise room, and breakfast was awesome! Definitely the best Holiday Inn Express I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms recently updated!
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2014

Holiday Inn express hotels very rarely get the excellent touch, but this one deserves it. The hotel has recently been refurbished and has a small pool at the rear of the hotel.

There is ample parking including an underground parking lot, which was brilliant in the Californian heat. The reception area is ultra trendy and unlike any other Holiday Inn express hotel I know. We stayed for two days and at any hour reception staff always smiling and willing to help. We have a small problem without a conditioning unit and within minutes the man came with his bag of tools and fixed it.

The rooms are of a high standard, very comfortable beds. Rooms are spotlessly clean, as was the bathroom. Room has coffee making facilities.

Breakfast is in a medium-size room. Although the room could be slightly larger, there was a full range of breakfast food available. Staff work hard in cleaning tables and removing empty plates. I would suggest that the room needs air conditioning, but nevertheless I still think this is an excellent hotel for a HiEx. We are platinum loyalty members and travel extensively. We know a good HiEx when we see one.

Although the hotel is situated on the highway, the highway is in a cutting at that point and therefore noise is minimal. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but there is a vast range of about five minutes by car going to the beach.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Tustin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2014

I had a leak at my house and had to leave for a day while they worked on the plumbing. I booked a last minute reservation at this place as its close to my house. From the moment we walked in everyone was very friendly and attentive. The entire place was clean and the pool was a nice touch! I will definitely recommend this place whenever anyone needs to stay nearby!

Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2014

I stayed for one night last weekend since I had to work an event at the fairgrounds. It was a last minute trip so paid a little more than I wanted to. BUT turned out to be worth it. The hotel has clearly been updated very recently - cute little trendy lobby. The room was bigger than most I have stayed in and the free breakfast was good. Parking was a little tight but there was room. But really the staff was what I remember most - everytime I came in contact with anyone they were so friendly. Just walking in the lobby and they always said a friendly hello. Had a nice conversation with Tyler while
I was checking in. It just feels like everyone enjoys their job and it came through.

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!