I stay hear every few months for business. As in most of Southern California you will need a car. But there is plenty of free parking at this property. The property is older, but is very well maintained. And the day staff friendly and attentive. On this past trip they even had wine and cheese in the lobby for those of us returning after a long day at work. Nice touch.
Room are larger than most HIE. Linens and towels are fresh. The breakfast room is adequate, but since this property is older, the breakfast room is upstairs and was obviously a converted space. Not somewhere to linger, but adequate. Also if you want a lobby to hang out with a big group, you will need to look elsewhere.
Location is right along the Newport freeway. While a bit intimidating to some out of town guests, once the one way flow is understood, it is easy to get to the Newport beach area, and very easy to get to central Orange county. If you want to have access to the south beaches as well as the Anaheim resort area, this is not a bad location.
I will continue to stay here while I am in South Orange County.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa Hotel Costa Mesa
- Holiday Inn Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa CA - Orange County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa! You are at the heart of everything: beautiful beaches, the ultimate shopping experience, fine dining, entertainment and the arts. Getting here is to be fast and convenient too. We are only 2.5 miles from the John Wayne International Airport, so you'll spend less time in traffic and more time in doing what you came to Costa Mesa to do. And there is easy access to the 405 and 55 Freeways. Whether you are coming to Costa Mesa/Newport Beach Area for business or just for fun your room at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa is your personal retreat. You ll have room to work, relax and make the most of your day. Amenities such as high-speed Internet access, business center, plush towels and luxurious bedding mean every night is a great night and every day starts right. Have the ultimate shopping experience at the South Coast Plaza, dine at one of the many fine dining restaurants, feel the excitement with the weekend events at the OC Fair and Event Center or enjoy an evening at the Orange County Performing Arts Center. We're here, ready with all you need to make your trip to Costa Mesa a success. We're the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Costa Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.