“Nice business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Nice business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is nice. I stayed on the 7th floor or executive floor. It was nice the bathrooms are above average for a business hotel. It is not a vacation type hotel. The internet speed is above average. Room service is good. TV remote is a pain and the pillows are not very good. Overall though it was good for what I needed

• Stayed May 2013
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear JeffP:

Thank you for your positive comments. On behalf of the staff, we are happy to hear you enjoyed some of the amenities and features of the hotel during your recent stay. The Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa has the unique advantage of being ideally located in close proximity to so much Orange County offers guests, whether traveling into the area for business or leisure. Near all the major business centers, as well as within minutes of the best shopping and entertainment this area offers, including South Coast Plaza and Fashion Island. Also, just down the street from some of the prettiest beaches in Southern California and only 25 minutes from Disneyland's front gates, the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa truly offers something for everyone including being near Orange County/John Wayne Airport without being stuck at the airport.

We hope to see you back again very soon and thank you once again!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I don't know if my rate here was lower than "usual," but it was very reasonable. My room was very nice and the public spaces are also welcoming, comfortable, and attractive. Although the group I was with had to eat dinner pretty late one night (10 p.m.), the bar staff handled it well and did a great job. Front desk folks were very professional and helpful, too. All in all, it was a good stay and I'd definitely come here again if/when I'm looking for a business hotel near the O.C. Airport.

Dear FlyGuy47:

Your comments are greatly appreciated, thank you! On behalf of the staff, it is our commitment to provide the best service, as well the most well appointed guest rooms and public spaces in Orange County. As we continue to add to our features to even better exceed the needs and wants of our guests, whether visiting the area for business purposes or leisure enjoyment, it is our goal to address what is truly valued by our guests.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa. We look forward to your return!

Agoura Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel recently for three days as part of a large conference. I must say that everything was wonderful! First of all, the staff was so professional and friendly, very accommodating, helpful, and happy! The rooms are big and nicely furnished, including a refrigerator. This hotel has great meeting rooms and facilities for large groups and the wait staff was efficient and friendly even when serving several hundred people. The food was good and plentiful. There is a Starbucks in the lobby for a quick breakfast or a full restaurant. South Coast Plaza is walking distance for both dining and shopping. I found this hotel so comfortable that I would recommend that my group come back again next year.

Dear JoanS:

Thank you for your great comments about the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa. We continue to upgrade and evaluate how we can exceed the expectations of our guests. We have some great new changes on the horizon for the hotel, in terms of added features and services, and can't wait for you to experience them very soon.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa.

Los Angeles, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I stayed here recently for a meeting and had a pleasant enough stay. The hotel is near lots of great Costa Mesa shopping and the freeway. I wouldn't call it a destination hotel. They have a Starbucks in the lobby that closes by noon. There are many meetings rooms of different sizes that make it an appropriate choice for conferences. The hotel room itself was OK, no mini-bar, though. You're pretty much stranded without a car here. The food was good, not great but I only ate the catering -- didn't try the restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear HuntressCA:

Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor Report. As a popular conference hotel with over 50,000 sq. feet of flexible space including everything from large, medium, as well as comfortable boardrooms rooms we offer something for everyone's event. The Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa's offers an ideal location near not only Orange County/ John Wayne Airport (with free transportation), but close proximity to some of the best Southern California beaches, convenience to all the major corporate business centers the area offers, and more shopping, entertainment and dining to please the most discerning guest with transportation provided.

Our newly redone spacious guestrooms with unique features such as balconies that provide great views of Southern California sunsets, the beautiful outdoor pool, fitness center, and Bristol Palms restaurant and Lounge, plus 24 hour room service rounds out why we're so highly rated by Hilton guests worldwide. We hope to see you back at the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa real soon. Thank you again for choosing us for your Southern California visit.

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Orange Country Hilton during a recent conference and would rate this hotel as one of the best in the world. Room and service were impeccable. Because we are vegans we would have liked more menu choices but apart from that we couldn't have been happier and thoroughly recommend the hotel. Would definitely stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Falksnviolet:

On behalf of the staff, thank you for your great comments about the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa! We are working hard to elevate our services, and the entire hotel to exceed the expectations of our guests.

I appreciate your viewpoint that more vegan options should be offered to our guests, whether in the Bristol Palms Restaurant, as part of our lounge food service, or in our 24 hour room service presentation. I assure you, we will be considering adding more vegetarian/vegan choices as we build upon our newest menu creation to ensure our food service encompasses the desires of all of our guests.

Thank you once again for choosing the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa. It was our pleasure to be your host; we hope to see you back very soon!

Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Last week I visited this hotel for at least the fourth time in a ten year span, so I guess a review is past due. I am a meeting planner and was hosting a group which used up nearly 200 of the rooms in this hotel for a weekend. I found it remarkable that not one of the guests at our conference approached me with any complaints about the hotel. That does not mean there were NO complaints...just none that were brought to my attention. The hotel underwent a large renovation in the past 12 months and while I don't know all the details, I believe the carpet is new and very likely the other softgoods in the rooms. The most noticeable bragging point for the hotel, in my opinion is the quality of their food. I ate at Bristol Palms (lobby restaurant and bar) several times and found the food excellent and diverse at breakfast, lunch or dinner...and not unreasonably priced. My favorite selection of all the meals was the Turkey Burger. I can also say the same culinary team created our catered meals at the conference and that food was also delicious despite some very complicated dietary requests. Hilton is in a nice location, less than 10 minutes from SNA and really close to 405. However there is not much to do really close to the hotel. All the decent restaurants and shopping are at least a ten minute walk or farther. In summary, I think is hotel is excellent as a convenient meeting and conference venue because it is large, convenient to air and car travelers, and provides good predictable service.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor, but was given a key to access the Executive Lounge on the top floo...
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rob G, General Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Group_Hotel_Pro:

Thank you choosing the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa. It was a sincere pleasure to have you and your group with us. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, especially pointing out some of the new changes we've made. We have many more surprises in store to elevate the hotel, as well as service here at the Hilton, and can't wait to show them to you.

Our location does offer a lot of convenience to travelers visiting to this area, whether for business or pleasure-close proximity to Orange County/John Wayne Airport, beautiful Southern California beaches, the major Orange County business centers, and just across the way, the enormous South Coast Plaza Mall with the best retail and speciality stores in the country, as well as fine dining and casual restaurants. And of course, we offer guest transportation to the entire area including restaurants, theatres, and other entertainment venues.

Thank you once again for allowing us to be your host.

Henderson, Nevada, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The rooms are very comfy but - I'm not happy at this hotel. Service is negligible. They claim to have a restaurant and there is one - but not open. Instead, it is hit or miss service in the bar. Previously undisclosed $21 per night parking charge....as if anyone walks in OC. It would be more honest to include parking in the room charge so that you could make an informed choice. Although they claim to have free wi-fi, you can't have it unless you are an Honors Rewards member. You can't even get to the Honor's rewards site to sign up unless you are already a rewards member. Finally, even though I let the desk know I was unhappy on my prior stay with service/internet, I was given a "wonderful" room next to the elevator with a view of the filthy skylights. Way to turn around customer dissatisfaction.

Dear Karen C:

I am very sorry your experience here at the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa did not meet your expectations. It is our goal to exceed the guest's expectations, not fall short; we are disappointed we failed.

The hotel does offer a great restaurant, the Bristol Palms with an extensive breakfast buffet and diverse menu, as well as many lunch offerings. During dinner hours, we extend our guests a popular menu in the adjacent lounge, because of numerous requests to do so. It is has been a strong success, but obviously you would have preferred the restaurant setting and we apologize. We also offer 24 hour room service as well as the Starbucks in our lobby.

In terms of parking, like most hotels in major populated areas, we charge a fee for parking but I assure you it is below many of our competitors.

Once again, I apologize for your less than perfect experience here at the Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa, but sincerely hope you will give us another try. We have many new changes coming this year and look forward to presenting them to our future guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Costa Mesa
The Westin South Coast Plaza
#5 of 23 in Costa Mesa
4.0 of 5 stars 628 reviews
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport Mesa Inn

Been to Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa? Share your experiences!