I stayed at this hotel at the end of January while in Southern California on business. Overall the hotel has a good look and feel to it but there were just a ton of little things that made me not as impressed.
First of all as soon as I walked into my room I was hit with a weird hotel smell that made me super nauseous. The room was a decent size but I felt like I had to turn on 4 lights just to be able to see. One main light switch near the door that activates a major light would be very helpful. There was also a ton of LOUD construction going on above me and to the side of me. I know that in order to renovate rooms these things need to be done but of course when I am working on my laptop inside my room those renovations don't really affect me and only disturb me.
The room did come with a fridge though which was nice and also had a great view with floor to ceiling windows.
I think what I was most turned off by was the fact I had to print one single page for work down at the business center and they make you swipe your credit card to use the computers with a minimum of $3 purchase. I have never seen this in a Hilton hotel at the business center and especially for Hilton Diamond members. 3 bucks is 3 bucks but just the principal alone of paying almost $200 a night to stay here and wanting to print a single page but having to pay for it really upset me.
The parking was about $21 a night I believe but I had no issues in the parking garage or finding a space so no real issues there.
I ate at the hotel restaraunt a couple of nights and they had a decent drink selection but the menu was a little limited but that is to be expected at a hotel. They have a decent gift shop right there in the lobby which allows you to charge to your room which again is also very convienent. The executive lounge was a little tight inside but they had one of the best selctions of food and appetizers that I have seen for a Hilton Executive Lounge.
I plan on coming back to Southern California again for business but I think I would give another hotel a shot before coming back here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Orange County/Costa Mesa Hotel is located in the heart of the OC within walking distance to internationally acclaimed South Coast Plaza Shopping Center near beaches, arts, and other popular attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa Hotel Costa Mesa
- Hilton Hotel Costa Mesa
- Hilton Costa Mesa
- Costa Mesa Hilton
- Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa CA