“A Great Find...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Orlando, Florida
“A Great Find...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Last minute change in business took me from North of LA down toward Huntington Beach and I booked this Hilton on the airplane with little research...I was happy to find a great property.

The property is well kept, room was comfortable and clean, and all the staff was friendly. I only stayed here for one night so can't provide a very detailed review but pretty much everything was up to standards which seems to be harder and harder to find. As a Diamond Member, it was nice to find this property.

Two things that kept it from a 5 Star Rating was:

They don't offer much in the way of complimentary breakfast. I've stayed at both kinds of Hilton's, compare Hilton in Naples, FL that offers complimentary cooked to order breakfast at Don Shula's restaurant for Diamond Members to this Hilton's offerings of well...not much. On top of that, their "Executive Lounge" seats about 15 people and all the seats were full which left me eating breakfast standing. Why not a bigger lounge? There is no way that is ever sufficient seating.

Second, is the noise. Not the hotels fault but there was a good amount of traffic noise on the side of the building I was on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
HiltonCostaMesa, Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear CCTVTrainer,

Thank you for taking the time provide us a review of Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. On behalf of the staff, it was our great pleasure to be your host during your short trip to Costa Mesa. We strive to exceed the expectations of our guests and I'm happy to see that your found our staffs friendly and we were able to meet most of your expectations.

We deeply value your feedback, we will be sharing your feedbacks regarding the Complimentary Breakfast with our Food and Beverage team. Some great news to share is that we are indeed in the process of updating our Executive Lounge, so next time you visit, you will see these wonderful improvements.

Director of Front Office

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here Friday night in room 562. The room was nice, view was good, everything was clean, and I was enjoying my stay....until the slight noise started early morning (it wasn't distinct, but in my sleep I could hear that it sounded like construction, but maybe was other guests being loud). THEN 9am came and they were literally pounding right above my bed. It was SO loud. I could understand if work needed to be done, but they should really be checking to make sure that none of their hotel guests would be effected. If I wanted to wake up early, I could've just stayed home. This was supposed to be a nice relaxing morning for my birthday, and instead I was woken up and couldn't go back to sleep. Self parking was an additional $21, and although it is a good location near a variety of restaurants and the mall, my first impression wasn't my lasting impression. We should've had a better experience at a hotel such as this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonCostaMesa, Manager at Hilton Orange County / Costa Mesa, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Sugarsht,

Thank you very much for your review of your past stay at Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. While I'm glad to hear that like the room, location and the cleanliness, we are very sorry that noise was an issue during your stay. New perspectives about our hotel and our guestroom appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. If you travel again to Costa Mesa, we hope we have the opportunity to show you our improvements.

Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Needed a reasonably priced hotel for the night as we were going to the beach the next day. AAA rate $107. Staff very nice and professional. Clean and comfortable. Very reasonable. Just a hop on the freeway and we were at the beach in 15 minutes. I feel we got a really good rate as the hotel seemed crowded with a convention. There is a little snack bar in lobby with Starbucks and fresh pasties and fruit. We got something to go in the morning. Faster than sitting in a restaurant. I would definitely stay again since beach so expensive.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Debunnie,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. We're happy to hear that our service and our great amenities made your stay more comfortable. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of us. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Temecula
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed just one night at this beautiful Hilton and would definitely go back. The beds were sooo amazingly comfy. The room was spacious and clean. My only complaint is as a Hilton chain I expected the complimentary breakfast that they are so famous for. I believe it was only available for "executive" levels and higher room rates. Good location, close to freeways and Santa Ana Observatory which is a great little venue for concerts. Friendly staff, valet for $28 or self park @ an additional cost of $21. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Socalgirl41,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. We're glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your stay and found our famous Hilton Bed comfortable. Yes, there is a charge for breakfast, but this is no ordinary continental breakfast you'll find at other hotels. It is a full hot breakfast buffet with items made with the finest ingredients. If you are not a member already, we strongly urge you to sign up for our HHonors loyalty program. It's free to join and you can earn points towards complimentary room nights and member-exclusive privileges at all of the Hilton Family properties.

At Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa, we definitely have plenty to offer and we hope you choose to stay with us again.

Germantown
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

If you are picking this for airport convenience then I would suggest not. The shuttle is a passenger mini van that holds 7 people. That's a big problem if you are on an early flight as it only starts running at 5:30, runs every 30 mins and you might find there is not enough space for you to fit.
It's a typical Hilton otherwise. They are doing renovations so should be upgraded soon
Gym is adequate with 6 treadmills (1 was out of order) and has a nice view overlooking the pool
Morning papers limited to USA Today. If you want the WSJ they are looking to charge you.... This was a first for me

• Stayed January 2013
Dear DrNic1,

Thank you for your insight on your recent experience at Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa. We're sorry that our airport shuttle service didn't meet your expectations. We have shared your comments with our Transportation team so that they can review the shuttle schedules for our guests, especially in the morning time when many of our guests depart early.

We appreciate your feedback and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will stay with us soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

In my recent stay to this hotel, I was expecting warm weather in southern california, but it was very cold, around 40F at night. Many rooms had problems with heating, and the dining room was very cold.
This hotel is very clean and well maintained. Staff is nice and helpfull, but it was hard to get the heat going.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. While we're happy to hear that you found our staffs very helpful and accommodating, we apologize for the malfunctioning heating system in your guest room and the main dining room. We'll be sure to address the issues with our maintenance team and hope you'll consider giving us a second change if you return to the area.

Best Regards,

Ojai, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very comfortable hotel with pleasant staff who let us check in early. That was a big plus. There's a nice large swimming pool and two spas as well as a small but sufficient gym. Just be aware that they tack on $5 for room service food. This was a shock to me. A bowl of oatmeal ended up costing me $12!

Room Tip: I called ahead twice and requested a quiet room and early check in. It seemed to help because I rec...