“Food could be good but the manager has no idea about repeat customer service.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Avanti Cafe

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #90 of 431 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Irvine, California
“Food could be good but the manager has no idea about repeat customer service.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2011

We were looking forward to the food at Avanti, after having seen the menu. We had a Groupon that we wanted to use but the time when we went, it was being remodeled. We called today and the manager said that they only were honoring the Groupon until LAST wednesday. Well how were we suppose to know that? She would do nothing to help except to suggest that we take it up with Groupon. Not even face value! Business must be good.

• Visited March 2011

Newport Beach, California
“Something Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

I have been meaning to try this place and finally made it in. I will say up front that I am not versed in vegan / vegetarian fare, but enjoyed myself none-the-less. I loved the garlic spread appetizer! I ordered the olives d'amour, which I also greatly enjoyed. I also ordered the shiitake artichoke pesto pizza with yams on it. I was not real crazy about the combination, but it is a matter of taste. It was well prepared and filling. When I return, I will simply pick a different pizza.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“mashed garnet yams on the pizza! delicious, original, and inventive.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2008

mashed garnet yams on the pizza! delicious, original, and inventive.

L A
“One of our favorite vegitarian and vegan restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2007

This is a rather small vegitarian restaurant located on 17th street in Costa Mesa California. One of the co-owners is Mark who has written a book on healthy vegitarian eating.

The restaurant makes its' own cakes, pies and pastries plus a large variety of imaginative appetizers and entres. Additionally they serve several herbal teas that we have never sampled prior to this.

Mark when he can be pried away from his kitchen is a most pleasant person with whom to hold a conversation.

We have tea, coffee and pastries there every Sunday and have brunch or dinner there on special holidays. We love the restaurant.