“Very impressed. Couldn't find a fault.” 5 of 5 stars

Cozy Inn
325 West Bay St, Costa Mesa, CA 92627   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very impressed. Couldn't find a fault.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

It was the first Inn / Motel we ever stayed in, in any country and we were a bit anxious / nervous as to what to expect. We normally stay in Hotels but this was even better kitted out than hotels we've stayed in in the past. We were very impressed.

It was clean and tidy throughout - what more could we want. Fridge, microwave, spacious room & bright bathroom, big television, plenty channels to choose from, ironing board, table and chair, big dressing table (with good lighting), free wifi and free parking. Ideal for anyone really. We thought it was very well equipped.

I would come back to this accommodation again and would recommend it a friend. Pleasant stay in my opinion and just what we wanted as we were on a road trip.

Room Tip: We were upstairs which made it difficult to get our suitcases up to the room so I would recommend pa...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am in Costa Mesa quite often to visit my son.The Cozy was a very nice surprise.A bit older but very clean , good size rooms , quiet , great location and a nice price. Owners were also very friendly JWM

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

For a one night stay this was a good choice. The facility is old in appearance, but makes up for that with a spacious room, clean bathroom, and efficient check-in process. I can tell that motel is investing in the facility, but can improve more by opting for lighter shades of bed sheets and carpet. There are new appliances in the room, and the motel itself is minutes away from restaurants. I could have given it 5 stars, but will wait for them to upgrade the rooms. However, I will not hesitate to stay there again. Overall, it was a good find through tripadvisor's reviews.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Palm Springs, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We only stayed here over night while we were waiting to catch a flight out of the Santa Ana airport. The owners were hospitable when we arrived late and the check-in was flawless. We got to our king sized room which was rather large. I don't know if they have role away beds, but you could easily fit one in here. The room was clean, but had an ant problem in the bathroom. This is a motel, so everything inside was low quality. The bed was the hardest bed I have ever slept on so if you like hard beds, this is for you. The motel was quiet other than the guests above us who moved around a lot all hours of the night. The location was fine, right off of the 55. It was 10 min. to the beach and to the airport. I personally couldn't sleep here again because for me, the bed was way too hard. Otherwise I would.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

I've stayed at the Cozy Inn several times over the years, most recently in early June. I have to say that - for the price and location - it really can't be beat! The property is a little bit outdated, but generally well-maintained, and the rooms are large and clean with extra amenities including microwave and refrigerator. The pool is small, but totally sufficient. The motel certainly has more charm than a Motel 6 or something else in a comparable price range, and is 10 minute drive from Newport Beach. It's also on a quiet street, and feels fairly secure - unlike some motels on Beach Blvd or Newport Blvd.

I found the proprietors to be very friendly and helpful, and overall I think the Cozy Inn is a great option if you are budget-conscious and want to be near the beach. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We just spent a couple of nights at the Cozy Inn. Not bad for a budget motel! It is an older motel property so the rooms are large...or larger than at most newer motel properties. The room featured a mini fridge, a micro wave, a good sized flat screen TV and a reasonably comfortable bed. The bathroom was on the small side, and...being in a budget motel, don't expect luxurious towels, shampoo and similar extras. No breakfast was offered. There is a coffee maker in the room, but the brand of coffee didn't look all that "hot".

The room including the bathroom and carpeting was clean, and the walls had a fairly fresh coat of paint. Parking is free, and there is a small (mini) pool right in the middle of the parking lot...a somewhat strange location for a pool...!! Zero privacy.

The location is just off the 55 freeway on a reasonably quiet side street. You can't get much closer to Newport Beach and the ocean without having to pay much higher rates. You are within easy walking distance of the Costa Mesa Courtyards, a shopping center with a number of restaurants, stores and a movie theater.

There are certainly more upscale, and more expensive, motels and hotels in the area, but...considering the price, we would stay at the Cozy Inn again!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Costa Mesa, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the past years but have found this place to be going downhill lately. My last stay, 2/04/2012 was so disappointing that I will not stay there again. The bathroom had small towels, no soap, shampoo, etc., nice bathtub but no plug to take a bath. Water had to run a long time to get hot and only one kleenex left in the box. Panic set in when I found the blowdryer to be broken! Wanted to leave a note but had nothing to write with. As a business traveler, I will be staying elsewhere.

Room Tip: Dont stay in room 30
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Cozy Inn? Share your experiences!