“Italian done right at Ciao Deli.” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 427 Restaurants in Costa Mesa
Cuisines: Pizza
Description: Ciao! Deli & Pizzeria is the quintessential mom-n-pop, with homemade recipies, great service, and a fun atmosphere. Stop by for dine-in or take out. We also offer free delivery within 3 miles and a $20 minimum.
Woodside, California
“Italian done right at Ciao Deli.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

There is an East Coast attitude here...the service is brisk and the attitude is too. But, if you love Italian Food that comes from San Francisco this is your place. A mere 14 seats but food that is done just right. Locals love it and now we do too. Pizza is great but the sandwiches are the real find here....

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Iowa
“I want more!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were in the area and hungry for pizza. I love Trip advisor because this is how I found Ciao! The place is small but has character. Owners are a husband and wife who were both friendly and made us feel welcome.

The pizza!! I love trying Pizza while away from home and this place is why. This is one of the best in 20 years of traveling. We had the XL Chicago Italian Beef. The suggestion is to add pepperoni. Do it!! It was incredible. Spicy, fresh, crispy, and so flavorful. 2 of us ate the entire thing. No box required!! See ya next time.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sun City, Arizona
“A Real Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were not sure where to find a place to eat as we were from out of town and thought we would try this place. So glad we did. It's in a little strip mall but don't let that scare you. We had a great server and everyone working there wanted to make sure we enjoyed our food. I had Penne with meat sauce $8.95, and it was so good. Someone else had Baked Ziti and another pizza. We all enjoyed our food and the portions were generous. Don't expect a fancy restaurant, just really good food and service. THANKS!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saronno, Italy
“Great pizza, great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

I stay in Costa Mesa for long periods of time for business reasons. I stay at the Marriott residence which is 30 feet from the Ciao!. When I get back from the office and I'm really tired I know I can count on Ray and his wife to bring one of the best pizzas around. I come from Italy and even though this is not the traditional italian pizza, I enjoy it so much that I come here at least once for every trip I take.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
california
“Best meatballs in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

We walk here and enjoy the quaint atmosphere, and great Italian food