“Good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Newport Beach

You added Motel 6 Newport Beach to your Saves list
Motel 6 Newport Beach
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2274 Newport Blvd, Highway 55, Exit #3, Costa Mesa, CA 92627   |
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
Cali, Colombia
“Good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Very well ocated, this remodelled Hotel 6 is very good. The ambiance is very modern and by changing the carpets to solid floors, they have given a good step towards cleaner, healthier hotel rooms. The beds are very confortable, wi-fi works great, service was amiable. Very good hotel indeed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Rgkattan,
Thank you for your recent stay with us! We are glad you enjoyed the new rooms. Hope to see you again soon. Safe Travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

And that's because I took the time to really read everyone's reviews and it is just that - a nice, basic hotel. Down in the area for an extended 8 day trip - trying to save some money for this unexpected trip. I travel for work and am in hotels 3-5 nights a month so I knew this was going to be an experience because of the price. I was staying alone for this period of time too so safety was a concern. Please read if you want a real objective truth.

Check In - Mack was so friendly and helped me get an even cheaper rate than I booked on-line. He let me go look at the room before I signed on the dotted line to ensure I felt safe.
Room TIP: If you want the quietest rooms, ask for the rooms above the underground parking lot that's inside the buildings. The doors to these few rooms don't expose you to the outside parking lot that you see in most the pictures.

Room: No nonsense bare bones kind of room. The hard wood floors were nice, it was clean, there were towels for two, mini fridge with little freezer, microwave, two full size beds that were actually comfortable, a table, free wi-fi that wasn't the fastest but it worked. The TV was a nice flat screen with two HBO channels that helped me kill time.

What you need to bring: Additional towels, soap, hair dryer.
Room downside: The mini fridge was a tad loud and the air conditioning wall unit I had to rig sometimes to not shake. Again - not bad at all - just a heads up.
Another thought: I brought my own pillows and towels for this stay. Unfortunately, I wasn't smart enough to bring colored towels or pillowcase so my pillow case and one towel was swapped out because it was off white colored and matched what was already in the room. It wasn't their fault how could they know - just a tip to think about.

Food: There's vending machines and ice and laundry. A cute pizza place literally next door with a nice bar and good food.
Location:
This location is 10 minutes to get to the pier and park to enjoy the beach all day. Easy on and off the freeway, it doesn't look like it's in the best neighborhood from the front. However, I had plenty of down time to drive around and quite frankly the neighborhood is real cute and nice all behind the row of hotels where this hotel is located.

Would I go back? Absolutely yes. The price is unbeatable for the area. It's a clean hotel, very nice helpful customer service, I had no issues being solo for 8 days. I'm writing the review to share my really positive experience. I even got a thank you back from Motel 6 from Mack when I filled out a survey after my stay - I liked that touch.

Room Tip: Back rooms above the underground parking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Surprisingly modern, clean and friendly. Great location not too far from the beach. Free parking and free wi-fi. I wasn't expecting much, and was very pleasantly surprised with this motel. I would definitely recommend it for a short stay (1 or 2 nights) when you're not looking for an expensive luxurious location but rather a modern, clean stop for an overnight. If you're spending all day at the beach, or shopping at fashion island, you won't be in the room much anyway, and when you are, you will be comfortable enough for a great low price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

i had a queen room and it was very clean and nicely decorated. Personally i love minimalist theme so i found it very nice.
the room has a small fridge and microwave so it was convenient, the bathroom was clean, hot shower was working well and there was a bathtub! i didn't expect that!
a lot of reviews said that the walls are really thin but i didn't feel it as a problem.
In addition, the manager and staffs were really nice and helpful.
definitely a good deal for the price i paid. really recommended!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Batesville, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a CHEAP, very basic, no frills place to stay next to a freeway, within a 2-3 mile drive to Newport Beach, then this is the place for you. The hotel has very sparse (they call "modern") furnishings--it reminded me more of a hostel. We paid for a Queen size bed, but it was barely a Full size and the mattress was very hard. There was a tiny table screwed into the wall with 2 hard wooden chairs. No dresser, had to keep my clothes in my suitcase on the floor & only 4 hangers in a tiny alcove for the closet. The walls are paper thin, we could hear everything next door. No carpet on the floor--had to wear flip-flops because the bottom of my feet turned black on the wooden floor. The phone never worked, nor was fixed the entire week we stayed there, even though I reported it every day. A breaker tripped, losing electricity every day, while blow drying my hair. The lighting is horrible. Bring a booklight if you plan to read. AC is either on or off, with no way to control the temp, so the room is either hot or cold & the blanket is thin as a sheet. There is a mini microwave & mini fridge. Parking is horrible!! 3 nights we did not have a place to park at the hotel after coming back from wedding activities. Things you will NOT have that I have come to expect for the price we paid for 3 rooms: coffee maker, plastic cups, iron, ironing board, blow dryer, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, clock radio, and continental breakfast. There is a donut shop open 24/7 a block away & a supermarket 2 blocks away. 2 bus stops within a block or 2 from the hotel. I'm extremely sorry my budget-concious daughters reserved through Booking Buddy because we could not cancel our reservations, or we would have walked (RUN) away from here after my first look in the rooms!

• Stayed September 2013
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Newport Beach, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Nanniebella,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and maintenance issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Stopped here when travelling with a friend past newport beach/huntington beach area. The motel was very good! Rooms were clean and very modern, beds actually fairly comfortable (for motels!). Staff were very helpful, we used the laundry machines whilst there too and also worked and cleaned fine. There is lots of space and pool was quite nice too, although slightly dirty in places this didn't really bother us. Overall this place is great value for a motel! Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Monterey,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We were in town for a funeral and it was near the church and the family home, with a little work on my part, like taking a hot pot so we could make coffee, plus our own cups and soft drinks. I must say the bed was very comfortable, and the AC was quiet , sleeping was great!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Motel 6 Newport Beach? Share your experiences!