“I loved staying at the Ayres Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

$50 Reasons to Stay!
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Costa Mesa
GreenLeadersGold level
Omaha, Nebraska
“I loved staying at the Ayres Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

The rooms were clean. The windows opened. The air conditioner was quiet and cold. The water pressure of the shower was perfect. The location was perfect for going to Laguna Beach, Huntington Beach and Costa Mesa. The airport is literally 5 minutes away so there are a lot of planes passing by, but that did not bother me much. There are 2 pools and a hot tub. To access your rooms you have to walk through outside corridors which I loved! I stayed in the middle of June and the weather was beautiful. The breakfast was awesome too! Eggs, potatoes, bacon, waffles or pancakes (it alternated each day), fruit, toast, muffins and coffee. They even have the coffee flavoring they use at Starbucks and lids for the cups so you can take the coffee with you. I have traveled a lot and I would say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Very cozy!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I reserved 5 rooms, and changed them around a couple of times. Which is always a pain, but I spoke with Jackie, Gina, and Kimberly at different times but all were excellent. Very nice, helpful, and knew what they were doing. So I spoke with a manager Corrina (I think) to let her know how great I think her staff is. Then when we checked into the hotel we spoke with Melissa a few times, and again great service. She was helpful and personable. The hotel itself was beautiful overall. I think the pool might need some love, but it was clean and quiet. The only complaint would be you can hear planes going by during the day, so if your napping this might be a problem. But they don't seem to fly at night. The bed was comfortable, room decor was nice, overall a great stay for a great price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is my first time staying at an Ayres Hotel, and I was pleased to see that the nice decor and pictures featured on their website reflected the reality of staying there. I was VERY impressed by how polished and well-kept everything was. Check-in was quick and efficient, made sure you knew all the essentials for your stay, and the staff was friendly despite being busy.

My room was spotless, well-kept, and exactly what I needed. The bed was comfortable with clean sheets and bedding, wifi access was solid. The bathroom was very clean, featured a nice jacuzzi option, and it actually had an exhaust fan so it would not turn into a rainforest after spending 15 minutes in a hot shower.

I will definitely book again!

Room Tip: If you're traveling alone, a king suite is awesome! it was spacious!
Green Features: They encourage being environmentally-friendly! They ask to place used towels on the floor so they know not to take towels away unless needed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Clean and comfortable room.staff was very accommodating since we had arrived a day early they were able to get us a room that we could stay in for both nights without having to switch rooms the next day. Amazing breakfast!! If you're a fan of bacon...this is the place to go!

• Stayed July 2014
Atascadero, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I enjoyed our stay ate the Ayres Hotel so much. The atmosphere was wonderful,we enjoyed the beautiful artwork and ambiance of the hotel immensely. The hotel was so clean, orderly, comfortable, and peaceful. The staff was extremely polite, and helpful. I would definitely recommend staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
valencia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The rooms were very nice and had a "non-chain" feeling. Breakfast got boring. Staff was sometimes aloof.but Melissa was refreshingly kind and caring. We were disappointed with our room location. Rooms at the back of the hotel overlook the housekeeping facility, with bins of laundry and trash. There were also hallways being used as temporary storage areas.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the front are nicer
Green Features: Doesn't matter to me., so I didn't pay attention to it
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The facility is lovely and smells nice, it feels like an upscale hotel but not too pricey. The staff are very nice. The friendly desk agent Gina helped me out when my reservation had been accidentally cancelled, and she got me another room right away. The included breakfast was very good, a full hot buffet with bacon and eggs and oatmeal and fruit. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Although it is near the freeway the room I had was quiet - 116, near the beautiful pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Been to Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach? Share your experiences!