I loved this hotel. The shuttle picked me up within ten minutes of calling them from John Wayne Airport. The driver was very courteous and helpful with restaurant suggestions. Shuttle was waiting for me in the morning to take me back to the airport at exactly the time I asked for.
The front desk clerk was friendly and made no mention of my room being booked on a discount website.
I was told the hotel was full but I never heard a single noise from other guests. I did hear airplanes but they were not a problem. I hear them louder at my home.
My room was huge and spotless. Very nicely decorated. The bedding was very comfortable. The bathroom was big and luxurious. Had a hair dryer and night light. Soft towels. The coffee was good too.
There are free computers in the business center with high speed internet and one in the lobby where you can print your boarding passes.
I ate dinner at their restaurant and my Monte Cristo sandwich was excellent. I wasn't as impressed by the breakfast selections but did enjoy eating by the fountain in their courtyard. If I remember correctly there were items I'm allergic to in some of the dishes so that is why I didn't eat much at the free breakfast. Most people would probably think it was great.
I wish this hotel was where I regularly travel. I was only there a night because of delays that caused me to miss my connection home. I slept like a baby and was so happy with this stay after having spent most of the previous week in the lousy Atlanta Airport Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach CA - Orange County