Save Saved
GreenLeadersGold level
Visalia,Ca
“Training”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Excellent hotel and service. I enjoy the Ayers. The location is close to John Wayne airport. There is a great selection of restaurants in the area. The rooms are a nice size and very clean. If visiting the OC this is a centrally located hotel. The pool and Jacuzzi are both very nice. I will stay here again. Was here for 3 days.

694 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
KANSAS CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My stay at Ayres Hotel was pleasant and enjoyable. I was in town for a convention, which was down the street. Therefore, it was nice to be close. When returning to this area, I will likely stay here again. Clean room and pleasant staff. Breakfast was a nice spread.

Selma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is the 8th time we have stayed at the Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa, but the first time I've written a review. We love this Ayres and when traveling to this area would not choose another hotel. It is a clean, well equipped, well taken care of, beautiful and accommodating hotel! The food in the restaurant is good. We stay in a regular room with a king bed and it is plenty of room for us. We like the rooms on the 2nd or 3rd floor where the door opens onto the court yard because I don't feel closed in when walking to my room. This time we had 364 which had a window view of the courtyard. It was also nice. I highly recommend the Ayres Hotel and Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Twickenham, London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Just coming to the end of my 8-day stay here, which included both a conference hosted in the hotel and a few days after for holiday.

Stayed in a 'Junior Suite' - roomy, welcoming, clean and comfy. Nice.

Food has been good (tho mostly I've sampled it as part of a group catered outside of the main restaurant), breakfast great and the staff uniformly and remarkably friendly, efficient and welcoming.

Only downside is noise from occasional planes taking off from the airport, but neither terribly early or late and didn't bother me.

Easy access to great shopping, several stunning beaches and (my favourite) Balboa Island.

Would happily come again if I got the chance.

• Stayed May 2013
Maplewood, Minnesota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Booked a 5 day stay on line and the photos did it justice. It was a very nice and clean hotel. The food in the restaurant is very good. It was somewhat confusing getting around the hotel but the rooms were very nice and lcean.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are nice. The building with the suites is quieter and just across the pa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Henderson, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed here while in town to run the OC Half Marathon. We booked a suite and were very pleased with this room. The room had an extremely comfortable King bed, and plenty of space for us to spread out our race gear, stretch, and relax. The room also had a spacious jetted tub which was very relaxing. But most importantly, the room was very clean - it's my deal breaker when it comes to hotels, no matter how many stars. My husband and I really enjoyed the property in general; the decor is European, something we don't normally see, and at first when I saw the pictures online I equated the decor with old. But once on property, I could see that everything was in excellent condition. I have to extend major kudos to the hotel manager; the race set up a special shuttle through the City of Costa Mesa to transport runners staying at the hotel to the start line in Newport Beach. On race morning, it appeared that the bus drivers didn't know how to get there (which I found odd since it really was just a few miles down the street). At 5:00 a.m. the general manager was on site and boarded our bus to guide the driver to the start so we would make the start on time. Again - the shuttle was arranged by the City, NOT the hotel, but the hotel GM did not hesitate to get involved to help her guests. I thought that was outstanding! That alone won them a future guest! Finally, we finished the race early enough to enjoy the breakfast that comes with the room - delicious! Not just a continental, but a full range of breakfast items both hot and cold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Porto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel was an incredible suprise for me. The decoration is nice, the common room is very plesant, they had water and some cookies for the guests (close to entrance). The staff is very helpfull and nice. My room had two king size beds, a big TV, the bathroom was spacious and very clean. I love the 2 squares they have... Seems like you're in italian environment... Very beautifull! You can have your breakfast in one of them and in the another you can enjoy the pool and the jacuzi :)

The hotel is big and has a lot of paitings in the walls. It's a very classic athmosphere, but at same time sofisticated! The decoration remembers a little bit the maritime discoveries. There's some little boats and objects related with maritime navigation in the decoration. The place have also, a little victorian style, a little bit italian style in XVIII century.

Good things:
- value for money
- Nice breakfast, specially if you take it outside :)
- good bathroom and Nice rooms.
- great athmosphere (staff and people!)
- very clean
- good beds!

Bad:
- you don't have fabulous views from the windows (it's not close to ocean or some beautifull cenery; it's not in a great spot, but for me that was not important!
- Maybe I can say bad things about The coffe machine at the room. I tried to make coffe and I had sucess, but it's was really bad when I tasted... You can't accept that in an expensive hotel. Everything was so good... So, I just felt disapointed with that!

Although, I didn't found really bad things ... My stay was really plesant! I recomend this hotel (in this category) to everyone.

Room Tip: I thing any room it's pleasent ... And it's quiet because you're are close to free way b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach? Share your experiences!