I am totally shocked that this property was rated #1 by Trip Advisor for this area. We just stayed there and would not stay again. It is a typical Ayres property in that it is the European decor-no problem with that-but the minute we stepped into the lobby, we were hit by a musty smell that is unexplainable. The hotel itself is clean and well-maintained, but where does the smell come from? And the floors in both rooms we had access to (started in a smaller room, ended up in a larger suite) were very uneven. Did they remodel over a very old sub-structure? Breakfast was free but a hassle. You are assigned seating as you enter, and there was never enough seating. Sorry, but in my opinion, the food was boring and tasteless - just free. I am just not able to believe any of the most recent reviews that don't mention any of these issues, especially the musty smell. I think I would stay at Ayres again at other locations, but definitely not this one, because of the smell. Staff was extremely nice from the lobby to the gift shop to the breakfast service, and the beds were quite comfortable. Location is 3 miles from South Coast Plaza and just a hop to Newport Beach. The fact that it is next to John Wayne Airport did not bother us - the noise was not an issue. The interior courtyard was quaint and charming and would be a darling place to sit in warm weather. I just think there must be some serious underlying structural issues that would explain the uneven floors and the musty smell.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The charm and elegance of a European-inspired boutique hotel awaits you! You'll find all of the 284 luxurious guest rooms at Ayres Hotel & Suites Costa Mesa are impeccably appointed with a full suite of complimentary amenities including our signature, triple sheeted Ayres Dream Sleeper beds, flat screen TVs, refrigerators, microwaves, coffeemakers, well lit work desks and Wifi, MP3 radios, and hairdryers. A stay at our Costa Mesa hotel means you'll be just moments from some of the biggest California attractions. Only just down the street, you will find the most prestigious shopping mall in Orange County, South Coast Plaza, with stores like Tiffany's and Bloomingdale's. For the theater buffs, the Segerstrom Center for the Arts is only 3 miles away and engages audiences with a broad range of productions in music, dance, and theater. The Orange County Fairgrounds, mere minutes away from the Ayres Hotel and Suites Costa Mesa, plays host to numerous festivals and fairs. The most famous is the Orange County Fair with tons of rides, attractions, and fair food which takes place every Summer. For those coming to California for its pristine beaches, Newport Beach is close by and absolutely breathtaking. Balboa Island is also a short ferry ride away from the nearby Balboa Peninsula and provides great family fun with fair rides and attractions. Explore everything Orange County has to offer when you visit our exceptional Costa Mesa hotel in the heart of the OC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com and Agoda so you can book your Ayres Hotel & Suites in Costa Mesa - Newport Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayres Hotel And Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach
- Ayres Hotel Costa Mesa
- Ayres Hotel & Suites In Costa Mesa - Newport Beach CA - Orange County