“We've stayed here many times, and we'll keep coming backb” 5 of 5 stars

You added Marin Suites Hotel to your Saves list
Marin Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Tamal Vista Blvd., Corte Madera, CA 94925   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Corte Madera
“We've stayed here many times, and we'll keep coming backb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is great for a bigger family, and is just a hop away from San Fran's attractions. Their two bedroom suite is also ideal for two couples to stay together! Very reasonable pricing for the amount of space you get!

• Stayed July 2014
Matthew A, Director of Sales at Marin Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate your support that we are great for a bigger family, and is just a hop away from San Francisco attractions. That we have two bedroom suites that is ideal for two couples to stay together!

We couldn't agree more that we are very reasonable pricing for the amount of space you get!

We looking forward to seeing you next time!

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Folsom, California (USA)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I agree with most of the other reviewers but we had a nice 3-day stay anyway. Nice pool area, outdoor lounge. Spacious suites, nicely done. Convenient walking distance to good dining and shopping. Handy location.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for agreeing with most of the other reviewers and that you had a nice 3-day stay. We appreciate you feel we have a nice pool area, outdoor lounge. Spacious suites, nicely done. Convenient walking distance to good dining and shopping. Handy location.

Regarding the walls we are looking into some solutions this winter when it is slower to absorb the sound. We are not 100%, but your feedback helps.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

First, you can not pull out in front and check in. In fact, I had a really hard time figuring out where to go. I ended up pulling around the parking lot twice before securing the very last spot available way in the back of the property. Lugged all my bags through the property up and down multiple sets of stairs to the lobby which was of course closed. It was 11:30 at night and all I wanted was to go to sleep. After banging on the doors for a while someone pointed out the phone on the wall. I picked it up and it rang through to someone who buzzed me in and met me at the desk inside the lobby. Not before lugging my bags down the stairs (again) to get there. Room 422, okay. Take the elevator. Okay. Up the stairs with my luggage and out the door that slams and locks behind you to the elevator to see floors one and two. Back out to the phone to get buzzed in and down the steps to the desk to ask... um where is my room? Floor 2 room 422. Got it. Up the steps and out the door which slams shut and locks behind you. To the elevator, up to my room. All doors lead to the outside. Ugh, not sure I can sleep. But then I can't because the fire alarm goes off and everyone, at least in my building, vacates and waits for it to stop. Everyone back in and settled and then the fire alarm goes off again. I do realize that the property can do nothing about this but this gives you an idea of the severe beat down that I received by choosing this less expensive alternative.
The next morning and even that night, it was evident that many business people were using this as an inexpensive long term stay. Many seemed to know each other. Lots of camaraderie. Later that morning at breakfast, I noticed lots of families headed to SF and sightseeing for the day. All seemed to be happy to have found an expensive alternative to the high prices of hotels in the city. I can see how this could be an attractive option to either of these groups but as a single woman, traveling alone and arriving at night, it was just too difficult. And the beat-down, for lack of a better terms will not be forgotten. I checked out and checked into the Marriott Courtyard in Larkspur and it was the best money ever spent!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us your feedback. When it come to feeling safe and secure, nothing is more important to us to correct that discomfort. We realize a lot of individuals travel alone and have late check in do to many factors.

We have met with our evening staff and have made a point to have them more aware of our late check ins and be looking for them. We will continue to work on better communication regarding parking. You can park in our white zone which is in front of the hotel. When it come to parking we realize although it is well lighted, it can be a little walk when we are full.

Many of our guest do know each to know each other through our corporate housing, frequent business travelers and families who visit us often. Yes, we do have lots of camaraderie. We feel that it makes us different for the guest experience compared to other hotels.

Thank you for mentioning that a lot of families were headed to SF and sightseeing for the day. We really are so close to so much.

Again, appreciate you taking the time writing your review.
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Seriously stay elsewhere. The room is dated. The room had previous guests dirt left behind. The sheets and blankets are circa 1990. The towels about the same. The fitness room is disgusting with junk that does not work. If you want to walk barefoot on the carpet or relax this is not the place! Convenient to Muir Woods is the only good thing. Do yourself a favor and stay at the Marriott Courtyard instead.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We hope you are not serious about staying elsewhere. Compared to some hotels in the area the hotel is older than a few. We do keep the building updated and recently completed a multi-million dollar renovation.

Regarding having your room with dirt left behind. We wish you had called down to our front desk. We would had someone come up immediately to clean it or give you another room.We check sheets, blankets and towels. We apologize that you feel different.

Thank you for your support on how convenient to Muir Woods and so many other locations.

We respect your and opinion and appreciate that you took the time to write a review.
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just left this hotel today. The parking lot spots are extremely narrow and i guarantee your car will be dinged or dented. The exterior appearance is average.

The rooms and layout are fine and the bathrooms are nice. The pool, spa, breakfast was all fine. Pretty average but no complaints. The bed wasnt very comfortable. Having a kitchen is nice if one is looking to save some money.

Location was great for my business trip. Theres an excellent gym less than a half mile away and a mall with good restaurants close by as well.

All of this however means nothing because this hotel does not have air conditioning. I never thought a hotel could even exist without AC. The rooms are like saunas. You will not sleep due to the heat. They have a ceiling fan in the room that does nothing to cool things off. They also have a ridiculous heavy in room fan hidden in the closet.

I will never stay here again and encourage everyone to avoid at all costs unless you are the type of person that enjoys sleeping in a sauna. Had it not been for this horrific misrepresentation of being a hotel i wouldve given a higher rating.

AVOID THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review. You are correct wider parking spots would be nice.It is not made for large pick up and SUV's and we get more than our fair share like anywhere. It does become a challenge with space as each space can become more narrow. Unfortunately we of allotment of parking spots and want to make sure that every guest has a spot to park.

The hotel does not have air conditioning and it's not uncommon in our area do to the mild climate. We are not trying o hide the fan in the closet. We just believe that is the best place to keep for our guest. In fact we have added a evaporative cooler that is also stored in the closet. On exceptional hot days we now turn on so when you arrive your room will be cool. It's not air conditioning, but we are working to make all of our guest have a comfortable stay.

We appreciate that you write that the rooms and layout are fine and the bathrooms are nice. The pool, spa, breakfast was all fine. You like having a kitchen to save some money.

Thanks for the support on our location that it was great for your business trip and that there are couple of gyms less than a half mile away and a mall with good restaurants. We continue to make changes so your stay will be more enjoyable.
Nashua, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I stayed with my husband and 3yr old in early June. The pool and spa were great. We don't require a lot of service or anything like that so I can't say how that is, but when I stayed last yr. with my 2yr old and arrived late at night they took my luggage to my room for me. There are a lot of stairs and the walkways can be noisy but we still slept fine. the economy room I had the first time was noisier because the bedroom wasn't separate. We like the location to family in area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We agree that we are a family location in area and it's nice to read that you come to stay with us every year.

We will continue to make changes to improve your experience.

We look forward to seeing you next year.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was shocked to arrive at this hotel and find no air conditioning. That day it was 88 degrees in Corte Madera. Not ideal! I called the staff and they were apologetic, but I suggested they should put this information on their website. I was alone, but families traveling together with little kids might struggle with this.

I wasn't a huge fan of the outdoor access either; it was hard to tell that from the website photos. I didn't feel very safe. It's very open and anyone can wander in from outside into the hotel area, and the walls are thin. Due to no A/C, the windows are typically left open. It wasn't my favorite hotel and I won't be going back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We apologize that you had to experience such a day when it was 88 degrees in Corte Madera. It is not ideal and very uncommon. We appreciate that our staff were apologetic. We have since made sure that every room is provided with an evaporative cooler. On special hot days we are actually running the cooler before check in to make the room a lot more comfortable.

It's unfortunate that you did not feel safe with the outdoor access. We have security cameras and staff walking the grounds. This extremely important that all of our guest feel secure and safe. We are working on enhancing the lighting in garden courtyard since we have read your review.

We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

Been to Marin Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!