AFTER TWO WEEKS OF STAY, HERE'S MY REVIEW:
(don't be fooled by pics)
Pros: distance to where my project was in Marin
1. UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF - her name is JESSICA - SHOCKING CHARGES showed up on my bank statement. Found out later on, it was her mistakenly refunded 1 night and later on showed up as charges. I know I paid the room in full when checking in, so when there's charges showed up later on I was shock. (I am in the process of settling this issue as I am writing this)
Also, she was the one checked me in and argue when I mentioned that I was promised a room downstairs instead of upstairs for my 2nd stay at Marin Suites hotel. My 1st stay was late in May 2016, I didn't like the room at all.
But, because it was late check in, I just had to put up with the same room upstairs that I didn't like the first time.
I stayed 7 nights the first stay and 6 nights the second time. Both are not pleasant - Just like Motel 6.
2. Cleanliness of the room - OLD FOOD LEFT IN THE FRIDGE
My experience of the 2nd time staying there was food was in the fridge. So I called Front Desk and Jessica - predictably handling this issue in a very RUDE and DEFENSIVE WAY and I had to tell her that even though it's not her fault, it's front desk's job to at least apologize for the food left like that in the fridge.
LATER ON I FOUND AN OLD SHIRT UNDER THE BED SKIRT.
From then on I thought I would never ever stay here again - this is just like Motel 6.
3. NOISE - you could hear the TV next room or above you or people outside talking. You could clearly hear their conversations. Just like when you stay at Motel 6.
4. NARROW WALKWAY - just like Motel 6.
5. WATER PRESSURE IN THE SHOWER - just like Motel 6, prickling water, barely reach your leg when showering.
ON TOP OF THAT, WHEN NEXT ROOM PEOPLE USING THE SHOWER OR FLUSH THE TOILET, WHILE YOU WERE SHOWERING, IT WILL MAKE THE WATER SUDDENLY HOT AND THEN COLD.
6. EXHAUST FAN IN THE BATHROOM ALWAYS ON WHEN THE LIGHT SWITCH ON. Wake up in the morning and turn on the light and BOOM, the exhaust fan was on also. Like, REALLY ?? do I have to have this ON ALL THE TIME EVEN WHEN I'M NOT SHOWERING ??? That humming noise in a such a small bathroom, and you got no choice but to put up with it.
You got no options - just like Motel 6.
7. SINK DESIGN IS TOO HIGH FOR NORMAL HEIGHT PEOPLE & PRETTY MUCH NO PLACE TO PUT ANYTHING ON THE COUNTER
I consider myself as short. I am Asian, 5'1. The sink height is right on my chest. Even Motel 6 has normal sink design.
8. Not much of TV channels either - at least Motel 6 has HBO channels.
9. Don't expect a fluffy towels - just like Motel 6.
10. PARKING - SUCKS period - Motel 6 is better than parking in this hotel.
There are big construction trucks parking in such a narrow space, so they ARROGANTLY took 2 spaces. And then I thought I found one looks like it was empty, but NO, there's one motorbike ARROGANTLY took that one car space, while I am sure that motorbike could have parked somewhere else, not occupying already hard-to-find car parking space.
11. Old Fridge made so much noise and of course barely made your food cold.
And there are others that I am just too tired to even mention here.
SO WHY THEY CALL THEMSELVES SUITES WHILE WHAT YOU GOT JUST THE SAME OLD MOTEL 6 ROOM WITH OLD FRIDGE AND OLD MICROWAVE, AND NO AC ????
CHRIST, EVEN MOTEL 6 HAS A NOISY AC.
HOW THEY JUSTIFIED THE WORD SUITES HERE FOR THEIR STANDARD STUDIO ROOM, WHICH COST $145/NIGHT ????
I wasn't even in the room so much because of my work. Yet, the experience is quite this terrible, that I need to make time to write review for others to acknowledge and hoping for the hotel to realize or improve their facility (which I doubt).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury all-suite hotel located in the heart of Marin County, Marin Suites Hotel, is uniquely defined by its spacious and comfortable hotel suite accommodations. Just 12 miles north of San Francisco, a short drive from the wine country and minutes away from numerous attractions in the Bay Area, Marin Suites Hotel is the perfect choice among Marin County hotels. Bordered by sprawling hills and waterways, this unique town features a refreshing blend of outdoor culture with a cosmopolitan feel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marin Suites Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marin Hotel Corte Madera
- Marin Suites Hotel Corte Madera, Marin County, CA