“Nice, clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Marin Suites Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Tamal Vista Blvd., Corte Madera, CA 94925   |
Ranked #2 of 3 hotels in Corte Madera
California
“Nice, clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here because we had a hiking activity planned in that area the next morning. The room was spacious and very clean. The kitchen facilities came in handy as we had brought food with us to have in the fridge. For the price we got it was great!

Room Tip: Don't expect to be able to cook there but bringing grab and go items that you can refrigerate i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

336 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

On the outside, this looks like nothing special. I've stayed here several times over the years and I have always found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and reasonably comfortable. The kitchenettes are a bit of a joke as they contain absolutely no utensils or anything else but a coffee maker. But with so many good restaurants in the area who needs a kitchen. My one real suggestion is be sure to get a room away from the freeway at the back end and I suggest a room on the top floor so you don't hear anyone above you. The grounds are nice as is the pool. One big reason I like to stay here when I'm in the area? Pet friendly. And reasonable rates and convenient location doesn't hurt either.

Room Tip: If the movie theater next door has a movie you want to see, it is a great theater! Giant screen, gre...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

You pull up to a clean sharp looking building. The pool and common areas are well maintained with unique cabana sitting areas. Then we entered our room which had a musty worn carpet and couch..Paint was faded and dust bunnies were in corners. Rooms need to be spruced up to match the expectations set by rest of hotel

• Stayed March 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

While traveling to visit our son and daughter-in-law in San Rafel, my wife and I had her parents with us on the trip. We stayed for 3 nights and throughly enjoyed our time there. The 2-bedroom suite was spacious, with a very large bathroom. The kitchen was wonderful and could easily be used for extended stay cooking and dining in! The location was convenient to restaurants, gas, shopping, and the necessary sightseeing travel. The only negatve about the place was that the heating system is based in the living room area. Consequently, the bedrooms do not get much heat unless you've got the system cranked to the max. Trying to keep my octogenerian in-laws comfortable on cool early spring evenings caused my wife and I to sweat a bit to much! Despite other reviews, and my father-in-laws inability to find the place, the breakfast was definitely deluxe - with almost anything you could think of to eat or drink. Didn't even get chance to use the delightful pool or sanctuary (fireplace) areas, but the courtyards are definitely a highlight. Will be visiting this place again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I are remodeling our home so we need a local hotel at times, and the Marin Suites is such a great home away from home. We always stay in a one bedroom suite - 650 sq. feet and it's so comfortable. The grounds are lovely and the staff are very courteous. Plus the location is perfect - next to bookstores, a movie theatre, shopping, groceries, and even hiking trails across the street. Our dog likes it too. It's hard to find pet friendly places to stay and the Marin Suites is definitely a great choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Cedar Hill, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

AI had a really nice stay at Marin Suites and would stay there again. The hotel and courtyards are beautifully decorated and the rooms were spacious. What stood out to me the most was the level of customer service. Outstanding one on one attention when needed. Nathan is the greatest employee ever! I had ordered groceries from Safeway to be delivered to the hotel for when I got there. I didn't reach the hotel until about 9pm and they had already put my groceries in my room and fridge. There was an issue with my credit card when I got there. I had prepaid my room but the charge for the incidentals would not go through. It was late and I was tired so Nathan let me go to my room anyway and I was able to get it taken care of the next day. He was so friendly and nice to talk to. Totally charming personality.

As far as any cons to the room, there were limited kitchen utensils. No spatula and only one each of a skillet, sauce pan and larger pan. No bakeware. But that really wasn't too big of a deal. The people staying above us were very loud but thats not really the hotels fault. Although it wasnt an issue on this trip, I noticed there was no air conditioning in the rooms. They do have fans, but being from the South, we do like our air conditioning.

I did not bring a pet but this is a pet friendly hotel and you couldn't tell it. There were no pet odors, no signs of pet hair on any of the indoor/outdoor furniture or anything. I also did not try the breakfast so I can't comment on that.

Overall I was very pleased. There is a movie theatre right next door and all kinds of shopping just a few blocks away. It was a nice get-away for my boyfriend and I. We very much enjoyed the privacy the hotel offered. I would absolutely recommend this hotel to anyone because you will not find this kind of service, beauty, and amenities for the money anywhere else. Each time I visit San Francisco (Marin County) this will be my choice place to stay without a doubt!

Room Tip: Highly recommend a ground level unit. Nicer views of the grounds and ease of getting to and from the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My daughter lives in SF and when I travel alone I like to bring my "3rd child", my dog. Although, SF is pretty dog friendly the weight limits in the better hotels is disappointing.....I just returned from spending 3 nights at the Marin Suites Hotel and even if I didn't bring my pet, I would definately return.....It is a converted apartment complex and is older, but the rooms are comfortable. All the doors enter from an inside garden view or a pool view and I felt very safe. I arrived on a Sunday and there were a lot of people enjoying the pool which made it a little noisey at first but it actually was a very quiet relaxing place to stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful.....It was convenient to the areas attractions and there was a great walking trail near by. I definately would stay there again.....

Room Tip: Pets are allowed in the garden view rooms....the pool view rooms may be a little noisey when there a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marin Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!