“Really unsatisfactory in all regards” 2 of 5 stars

(415) 924-1223
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tub Tim Thai Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 41 Restaurants in Corte Madera
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Maryland
“Really unsatisfactory in all regards”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ordered dinner takeout which was ready on time. Grandkids and I agreed that food was worst Thai food ever. Pad Thai was sticky, barely "veggie," and largely tasteless. Larb Kai was too spicy to eat, egg rolls were greasy, and worst of all rice was overcooked. Chicken satay was ok, but peanut sauce was gloppy. We tossed out most of the dinner.

Visited August 2013

San Francisco, California
“Small family owned Thai”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

I had food to go from this quant Thai restaurant in Corte Madeira.
The service was great the value good and the food decent. I would like to go back and sit and eat because it was so small and family run. It looks nice for sit down dinner.

Visited May 2012
San Anselmo, California
“Used to love...No longer”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Years ago we loved Tub Tim, so we decided to try it again and ordered takeout. It was TERRIBLE!!!. From start to finish, stuffed (greasy!) chicken wings in undercooked TEMPURA batter. Really? Beef salad, tough, flavorless (tiny portion) of boiled beef on an iceburg lettuce base w/what resembled a bottled french dressing, ugh! Watery, bland prawn curry, again small (5?) prawns. Fish cakes, small TOUGH balls of fish dough. Enough said. Take a miss, you'll be glad. I say a sad farewell to what was once a really good Thai place.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Corte Madera, California, United States
“Substandard”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

This place was creepy. Cramped, not very clean, dark, uninviting. The food didn't do much to help either - some stuff was flavorless, some stuff tasted as if it were prepared from frozen foods, all of it left us feeling greasy and unhealthy. Skip it.

Visited March 2011
Santa Rosa, California
“Funky on the Outside - Fantastic on the Inside!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

Don't let the strip shopping center exterior fool you, this is a treasure of a restaurant with wonderful Thai cuisine on the inside. Located near the Corte Madera Town Center and across the freeway from the Village at Corte Madera, this spot is worth leaving the big malls and chain restaurants for a real, delicious Thai meal (plus supporting a small business!).

I've been visiting Tub Tim since I worked nearby in the '90's. My job moved out of town, but I still make a point of going back to meet friends, celebrate special occasions and now I even take my kids. My favorite is Cashew Chicken (mild, Medium or HOT HOT HOT!) that I cannot find duplicated anywhere (and I've tried). My kids love the Pad Thai Noodles, Chicken Satay and of course the Thai Iced Tea.

It's a small place, but very special and worth your time to find it and enjoy it for yourself. I still stop by just to get takeout when I crave really good, family made, Thai.

• Visited November 2011