“Not great Mexican” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dallas, Texas
“Not great Mexican”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Try Miguel's instead. Neither my wife nor I was impressed by the food. My taco salad had too much guacamole and sour cream piled on top to really tell what it tasted like.
Apparently they were short on waiters because the manager was running around helping, but that didn't solve the problem.
Service was so bad they discounted the check.

Visited October 2013

stoxabc
“Reliable, good Mexican food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Costa Azul has consistently been a reliable place for good Mexican food. It is large enough that they usually have tables available and you don't have to wait or wait too long.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lehi, Utah
“Good dinner, friendly service, loud atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were just walking by, and saw their sign that said pulled pork sandwich. I did not want Mexican food, so that was perfect for me. My husband got a chicken enchilada. It was a lot of food! I loved the pork sandwich -- probably the best I've had! Chips were crispy & salty & good. I liked the thin salsa, although it was a bit different (almost a dark brownish color),

Our waiter was smiling and attentive, even though it was pretty crowded. As for the crowd: there were big parties of people, and they all seemed to be talking as loud as they could! It didn't bother my husband or me, but I can see how it might be irritating to some. If we had chosen the outdoor patio seating, this would not have been an issue.

Overall, a good dinner out.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Monica, California
“Different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

The location is great in the middle of Orange Ave, public parking close by. The menu is different from most Mexican places. The drinks are strong and packed with liquor :). The selection of food is good with a good variety. The Fajitas are not the usual that you would expect, they don't come out on a skillet. The service needs some work, it took ten minutes to get our bill. They will take a res which is nice

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“A great find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We could not get into Leroys on a saturday night so we wandered down the street and found Costa Azul. We had a good meal with excellent service.

Visited September 2013