“quaint, quiet and economical” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Coronado
Mesa az
“quaint, quiet and economical”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stayed on Coronado Island in the Best Western on 26th of October for 2 nights. I was pleasantly surprised by this quaint hotel. It seems so much larger by the pictures, but it really is lovely. The front desk agents were always nice with great attitudes. The parking is easy to get in and get out, and it's free. The rooms were older, but the bed was comfortable, and the shower great. I loved that our room had a fridge and a microwave. FREE morning breakfast was a HUGE surprise. I was expecting muffins and bagels. The breakfast hot food rotated from day to day. The 1st day was biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs and french toast. The 2nd day was bacon, eggs, huevos rancheros and homemade tamales. The salsa was devine. The were several juices to chose from, along w/ fruit, yogurt, muffins, croisants and bagels. The location of this hotel was perfect. Close to the bay (a 5 minute walk), and close to the ocean and The Del (about a 15 minute walk). There are several small shops along the way. I love Coronado Island and cannot wait to go back to stay at the Best Western there. The price was unbeatable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

127 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Colorful Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had a very nice, clean room in a good location on the 3rd floor. There was parking under the building and we were told about the local ferry ride across to the San Diego Harbor! It was under $20.00 for my husband and I both to ride over and it was a nice, smooth relaxing ride and the highlight of our weekend! Breakfast in the morning was wonderful and had many choices, it was a great way to start our day! Everyone we encountered was helpful,friendly and professional. We will definetly recommend this BW to friends and famiy going to this area and we will return whenever we are back in this area!

Room Tip: All the rooms are located in open areas, sometimes the noice rises, not sure what the rooms are like...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Anniston, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had a great visit to Coronado and really liked staying at the Best Western Plus there. It's an older hotel, but very clean and nice. The staff was very accomodating and friendly too! I would stay there again!

Room Tip: Even though it's on one side of the island, it's in a great location and within walking dist...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
cos
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Trip to San Diego and had to book close to the stay. For the price, the room was spacious and was able to accommodate the 3 of us very comfortably. The room appeared to be clean. The breakfast was barely OK so we only ate in the hotel once. Parking was easy and free which was a big plus. On the down side: the room was a little worn, nothing too bad, BUT each morning I woke up with a bite or two on my legs and one morning with bites all over my lower back - first time in all my travels that I encountered bed bugs - I didn't realize it was bed bugs until the bites on my back the last night I stayed. There was no apology from the staff or show of surprise that I was so inconvenienced. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My sister and I met in San Diego for the Green Bay - Chargers football game and mini vacation. The pricey hotels on the beach would not accept a 3 night stay, but we were directed to the Best Western Suites who were able to accomodate us at half the rate of the pricey beach properties! Our expectations were overdelivered upon! Perfect location.....shops and restaurants with in a block, two blocks to the city ferry and a lovely 15 minute walk to the beach. Staff outstanding, room great (fridge), no disturbing noise (weekend with full occupancy), ammenities better than the Hiltons I stay at! We loved the location, and plan to bring back other family members to this hotel next trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ajijic, Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The location was excellent. Breakfast was very good. Our only complaints were, we had arrived at the airport early in the morning and called them right away to see if we could check in early. They told us to call in the early afternoon. We could not check in until 3:00 PM. We felt that they should have been able to accommodate our request. We also stayed in a 4 star hotel in downtown San Diego and felt that it was better value, as it was less per night than the Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed the weekend here in a suite with one king and a pullout in the next room. The bed was comfortable and the room was very clean. There was a small fridge and microwave and they had very good soap shampoo and conditioner. Staff was friendly and they had a breakfast that was pretty good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Suites Hotel Coronado Island? Share your experiences!