“Environment great, food not so great.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 86 Restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
“Environment great, food not so great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The environment, the staff and the service was great.

I was very disappointed with the food, but my wife is from Mexico, so I have been tainted with authentic mexican food.

The salsa was not good. Tasted manufactured and not home made. The rice with my dinner tasted like it was out of a box. The beans were soso. I ordered carne asada with my meal. The quality of the meat was not very good and I was looking for some Miguel's special seasoning and I did not find it.

It was our last meal on Coronado island as our vacation ended. I am glad I experienced Miguel's. Maybe next time I wont eat dinner, just drinks and an appetizer or dessert. Great fun place to hang! Just dont excpect a lot from the food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“My whole family, even the kids loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were trying to find something to eat late on Saturday night, chose this fr trip advisor reviews, and were glad we did. You have to pay close attention or you will drive right past this place. We are from Texas and our favorite Mexican resturaunt is Chuys. We would rate this with that. Everything was tasty in our opinion and after that for the next three days in San Diego our kids kept asking to go back. So before leaving we ended up at the one on Old Town area!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mesa, Arizona
“It was OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Have eaten at this location previously, but its been a couple of years. Ordered the shrimp burrito, was so so. Husband had his usual order of beef taco and cheese enchilada. He was satisfied. Chips were ok, salsa ok. Did like the cheese dip but needed extra "punch." Service was very good but noise level on the patio grew to be annoying. Place does get very busy and very loud!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Springdale, Arkansas
“Great atmosphere but did not enjoy our meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Miguel's has a great atmosphere, both indoor and outdoor seating. Chips were fresh and hot and salsa was good. Quesadilla appetizer was great. Unfortunately neither of us liked our dinners. I had the chef special shrimp tacos...the shrimp tasted frozen and I couldn't eat it. Hotel concierge recommended it but we did not enjoy it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Trussville, Alabama
“Patio dining in a pretty courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We went with friends and sat outside in the courtyard and had a very pleasant dinner. The food was very good. We enjoyed it very much.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere