“I had the best spa treatment ever!” 5 of 5 stars

Stay and Sail
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“I had the best spa treatment ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

I've been to quite a few different spas and had quite a few different treatments. But I have to say that I really enjoyed my spa experience this last time at Sea Spa, the Loews Coronado bay Resort's spa. I had the Signature Treatment. It started with a sugar and coconut oil scrub, fantastic. Exfoilating all the dead skin cells on my body. And then was washed off by the vichey shower, an overhead 4 shower head streaming warm/hot shower, cleansing me and melting the sugar away for about 10 minutes. Then I was moved to another room where I had a hot stone massage that was wonderful that culminated with a warm parrifin wax treatment on my feet. WOW! It was incredible and I highly recommend it to anyone who really likes to be pampered. My spa masseuse was Julie and she was great!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Orange County
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

Some friends and I stayed here over the Memorial Day weekend, two of us had been to the hotel years ago when it was nice. We were very suprised at the condition of the hotel. nice on the outside and great location but inside """"whew.

I will start with the reason I had to review the hotel. I stay in hotels a lot for business and rely on the reviews for my decisions and I wish I had more reviews for this hotel. Wireless is 15.95 in the room and free in the lobby- Why?

The carpet inside the hotel walkways was out of date, shabby, they did have a sign to apologize for construction but they should have something on the website to let guest know that the Adult hot tub is out of order, parking may be limited due to construction. That the hotel is under construction - A whole wing was closed!

When we arrived the elevator was broke and we had to use the service (dirty) elevator but for a while there was no sign to indicate that it was not working. Saturday night they had a major event and we arrived back after a night out and there was no parking and all of the fire lanes were blocked (not good). There were prom and graduation events going on and parties/noise on our floor (where was security?). We drove around for several minutes to locate parking and could not understand why the hotel did not secure parking for its own guest.
Our room was nice not quite an ocean view but a corner view of water and this will do if you are from another state and will take anything but not if you are paying $200 a nite and $22 for parking.

They were overbooked and some guest we met waited until after 5pm on Saturday to get into their room.
Management should have done a better job of trying to make it right for customers who visited this weekend and paid more than they should have for less than acceptable accommodations.

The locations was nice and we did have a good time but the price we paid did not match the quality.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

My family stayed at the Loews over Memorial Day weekend. We got a 2 for 1 deal which allowed us to book one King and the other with two double beds which worked perfectly. Our two girls (10 & 6) enjoyed having their own rooms and beds which was preferable over sharing a sofa bed in a suite.

We got there around noon, but we were able to check into one of the rooms, and when we the other room was available the front desk called us to let us know. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We also had a nice view of the San Diego bay from the rooms.

The hotel has three different pools, one for adults, one for Family's (which is the largest pool) and a kids pool. Since it was still early in the summer the pools were heated and were comfortable enough for the kids to spend pretty much all day in the pools. Also, they had a buffet at the pool which was all you can eat between 1-5 that was a decent value, but would have been better with either desert or sodas included (which they weren't). One nice thing that is that kids under 5 eat free.

On Memorial Day weekend the hotel has two nice events for familys at night. They had smores and a campfire on Friday night, and a "dive in movie" on Saturday where the pools are open and they put up a big screen and show a family movie (Hotel for Dogs this year). Our kids enjoyed both events.

We ate at the Market Cafe restaurant a few times. The meals weren't anything spectacular but they were fine, although the breakfast buffet on Sunday had a good selection. Again, kids under 5 eat free.

The one issue is that if you like walking places, the hotel isn't really super close to anything. It's about a 4 mile drive into the main area of Coronado, and the hotel is on a Marina as opposed to the Beach. It's about a 15 minute drive to the Zoo, and probably 25 minutes to Sea World.

Generally we had a great time at the Loews and plan on going back in the future.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Manchester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

Stayed at Loews for a few days during Easter Break.We had booked a marina/pool view room and paid extra.On check in we were allocated a room facing the car park and stacks of shipping containers.On stating that this was not acceptable the reception infomed me that this was an upgrade. I insisted on having my original room if this was an upgrade!! It took until the third room offered until we saw a marina/pool view!!!! The room was newly decorated to a high standard and we were happy with it.Dining in the hotel in the evening is an experience not to be repeated.One night we ate in the formal resturant (dreadful) and the next night in the informal resturant ( even worse). The cold pizza that eventually arrived was inedible and I sent it back to the kitchen. There was no acceptable level of staff service .We asked for a manager and got a full refund immediately.I believe the chef had given notice and left suddenly which would explain the chaos in the kitchen.We paid quite a lot of money to stay here and it was very disappointing because it could have been great.The Dell next time!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

I live in SD, but wanted a local getaway. This was $149/night on Travelocity for a Garden Room. We were top floor with views of the Coronado bridge, and downtown. Pool was great, but the best was the room. Looked recently remodeled...huge tub, glass shower, neat tile with bamboo accents. Really top notch. Hit up the spa while I was there...it was pricey...but it is a resort.

There is a $23 charge for parking that is unavoidable...but I knew that going in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

very nice room and excellent view. Staff very friendly and polite. We were given a $500 credit for food and drinks for staying over 6 days but we were charged for getting drinks and food from the gift shop. Manager wouldn't help out at check out and thought that was very poor customer service since we asked 3 different staff members about the gift shop. Other than that episode, we were pleased with our staying at Loew's.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2009

My fiancee and I stayed for 3 days at this resort. Its beautiful, the staff is very professional and the room and the view from the room was spectacular. The room was up to date in decor, it had a seaside theme and a flat screen tv , the bathroom was very big and spacious. We loved it. The only downside is it being so far from downtown coronado, we had to take a taxi every time we wanted to go into san diego or coronado. Next time we will rent a cab or stay closer to the mainland. Otherwise, our stay was perfect.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!