“Great Honeymoon At The Loews” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Stay and Sail
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Honeymoon At The Loews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just finished an eight night stay at the Loews on Coronado Bay and let me say it was a fantastic stay. We went there for our honeymoon and we couldn't have had a better stay. The staff was one of the friendliest out there. We were upgraded to a suite at no additional charge for our honeymoon which was a great surprise when we got there. Spacious room with a great bed got some great nights sleep every night the views from our balcony were great. I know that some people wrote that it was pretty far from town but I think being that far from town made it feel kind of secluded as opposed being right in town like the Hotel del Coronado for example. Out of town equals a very peaceful setting plus its only about ten minutes to town so not that big of deal in my book. Concierge took great care of me when I wanted to get some champagne sent to our room. It was there when we got in in the evening just as I had requested. If you are looking for a romantic getaway book a room at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Jason M, Front Office Manager at Loews Coronado Bay Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. It’s great to hear you had a wonderful honey moon. I’m delighted you decided to spend such a special occasion with us. Your comments are very nice regarding our staff and they will be shared with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon for an anniversary celebration.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I am used to staying at Holiday Inn Express. I got a deal on Hotwire.com for this place at a similar price. They only fault I would give them is that they charge for every little add on they can. $12.95 for internet, $25 for parking, $10 fitness center / spa access, $3.00 bubble bath. Breakfast not included. I enjoyed the jacuzzi in the pool area and the gardens on the grounds. They also had live birds tennis, pong, kids area and are pet friendly.

Room Tip: 1000 and 2000 series are closer to services.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Monte Nido, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, very nicely designed with a beach/sea motif, but it's secluded from the rest of Coronado and San Diego so unless you are finding something to do onsite, you are driving a bit.

When we arrived we were asked if we want to self or valet park, which is largely a decision you want to make when you find out where they have placed you since the rooms span four buildings which run to the East of the lobby.

The room we had was fine, with a decent view of the bay.
Nice, very big bath tub, with a good shower.
One oddity was that instead of conditioner, the maid had placed moisturizer in the shower. No big deal, just had to take a few rinses to get it out.

Food was not excellent, we ordered steak through room service and it wasn't great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I truly appreciate your feedback and have forwarded your comments to our Director of Housekeeping and Executive Chef so that they may address concerns with team. Your comments will allow us to address the issue so you do not come across these inconveniences again. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you're going to Coronado, stay at the Del Coronado if you want to experience the area. The Loews resort is several miles (4) south of the action in Coronado so it's not an easy walk. It's also not facing the Pacific (it's bay side) so you need to do a walkabout to view of the ocean. The property itself is so-so; the restaurant service was average at best, the food quality average at best and the room quality average at best.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Princeton, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was my first experience at a Loews Hotel and I can honestly say that I was impressed. The staff at the hotel, especially Concierge Gordon Berry, went out of their way to make me feel welcomed and special. During my stay, I was looking for a good place to eat in the Gaslamp District and Gordon gave me the names of several restaurants and suggested Croce's. He made a reservation for me and since the restaurant was near his residence, he even gave me a ride there! We had the best conversation on our little journey to the restaurant and I had a wonderful meal after I arrived. Thanks to Gordon, I have an excellent impression of Loews personnel and the "can do" attitude they possess.

The little gift shop by the concierge stand is also a nice touch. The clerk in the store, Teresa, was very pleasant and courteous in helping me pick out souvenirs for my wife and kids.

My only complaint would be that the guest rooms need more outlets for electronic devices and the meeting room where our convention was held was quite chilly. Other than that, everything else was excellent and I look forward to coming back to stay again (next time with my family)!

Room Tip: Guest rooms are located in several attached buildings. Buildings 1 and 2 are closest to the main lo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your visit to Loews Coronado Bay Resort. I truly appreciate your feedback and have passed on your kind words to our concierge and gift shop teams. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012 my girlfriend and I wanted to get away for the holiday and my birthday. We knew we wanted to go to San Diego and stay on Coronado Island where we found this absolute gem of a resort. The resort is modern, comfortable, with every amenity for the relaxing spa types or the active couples.

We loved our room with a bay view. Big comfortable bed, big screen LCD TV. Spacious bathroom with a soaking tub big enough for two, very romantic. Service at the resort was first class. Parking was a breeze. They have a beautiful bar/lounge and outside patio area with fire-pits. We avoided the family pool and opted for the more quiet adult pool and hot tub. We played Tennis and would have partaken in even more of the resorts amenities if we had more time.

The resort is just outside Main St. Coronado and we didn't mind the short but scenic drive a couple miles down the beach to where it was very private and exclusive. Never felt touristy or crowded and we cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Request a Bay view room away from the pool if you want quiet beauty.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Coronado, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I recently spent my birthday at Sea Spa for some well deserved pampering. I live in the area and love the Hotel, right on the water (don't miss Mistral Restaurant for an elegant dinner or the Market Cafe for their Sunday Brunch). This was my first time at the Spa and it is lovely! I had an amazing Balinese Massage from a gifted soul named Stacey and an equally amazing Signature Facial from another gifted soul, Ashley. I spent the rest of the day enjoying the other numerous amenities. From the private 85* still water pool and jacuzzi, both located on the lower ground area to the 2 larger pools on the upper ground area; the largest steam room ever, that offers an incredibley powerful steam experience and a beautiful dry sauna room. Every staff member I encountered was gracious and they all showed an invested interest in my day being as special as possible and it was. If you are in the area, it is a must do, enjoy a Gondola ride followed by a romantic dinner. If you are not in the area, consider a visit, you won't be disappointed! Thank you, Sea Spa!!

Room Tip: Any room is great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Loews Coronado Bay Resort? Share your experiences!