“Excellent location, very good room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Beaverton
“Excellent location, very good room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Very pleased with location and price. Room was clean and comfortable. Could have used white noise to cover sound of guy complaining about lost love just outside my door in courtyard pool area. Excellent early morning walk from room around nearby Coronado Hotel, on beach, and in architectural historic district of homes on Adella and A avenues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Visalia, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Coronado ranks as one of my favorite places in California. It has great beaches, cute downtown, great restaurants and now I have found the perfect spot to stay. I've stayed at Loews and Marriott on Coronado. Both great hotels but this hotel has what's important... Location location location and it's nice!!! And hello!!! Way Under 200.00 to boot! I was leery of this place because I usually stay in name brand hotels because I know what to expect. But I wanted it walking distance to the beach near hotel Del. it even had free parking.
I stayed on first floor, my room spacious and well appointed. The 2nd floor above me a little noisy but not bad. I'm very happy I discovered this spot. Will be back very soon!

Stayed April 2014
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We spent one night here before heading to airport. The price we paid for location and room was very fair. Small room but good layout and use of space. Nicely decorated and very clean after 3 nights in a chain hotel.The wifi was slow but it was free. Close to beach, shops, restaurants. It was a relaxing and comfortable stay... Left for airport feeling mellow wishing we could stay one more night. Would love to go back for a longer stay with our family. Only negative was the noise from upstairs. Our upstairs neighbors were quiet except for their 4am wake up and thumping around room for check out. We did not hear any street noise. Nice stay and relaxing vibe!

Stayed April 2014
Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect with our first time in San Diego and Coronado. The Del was far out of our price range (I've always dreamed of staying there) and we found La Avenida online as an alternative. Generally I don't like staying at hotels with the doors on the exterior opened to a courtyard. I was hoping it wouldn't be a hokey hotel. It certainly is not. It's an adorable little place in the heart of Coronado. The property felt cozy yet comfortable. The room was clean and updated. The staff were welcoming and courteous.
We didn't take advantage of the amenities at the hotel but they do have a swimming pool which looked nice and clean. The wi-fi we did use and worked very well from our devices. I slept pretty soundly. The lighting outdoors was just a tad distracting although I understand it's for safety. I kept thinking it was morning already but it was still middle of the night but the glow of the parking lot lights had me thinking otherwise. Bring a eye mask if you're a light sleeper.

The location cannot be beat. Tons of shops, cafes, and restaurants around. The beach is about a 2 minute walk from the inn. What a beautiful beach to walk. We saw dolphins swimming on our morning walk and it was so nice. Someone builds sandcastles on the beach so that's impressive to see.

We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Indio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great location next to restaurants, shopping and across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado. The rooms are basic motel rooms but very clean and well appointed. Short walk to beach. If you are looking for value in the Coronado area, La Avenida Inn is definitely the place. We will stay there again on our next trip.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

La Grange Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are a good size, a little worn but very clean. Good value for your money. Walking distance from the beach, restaurants, Walgreens, and Vons. They even offer complimentary beach towels and sand buckets/shovels.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Long Beach, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Parking was a plus as it is difficult to find parking in this area of Coranado. Refreshemnts in reception area were nice. Room was clean and large. Rates were very reasonable and staff was friendly. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to La Avenida Inn? Share your experiences!