“fabulous fabulous fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
warwickshire
“fabulous fabulous fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2009

we have three children and it is difficult to find decent hotel rooms to accomodate our family. The room we had was perfect (a one bedroom suite) they put bunk beds in the large lounge area and there was already a double sofa bed so our kids slept comfortably whilst we had the luxury of a big king bed that was so comfortable in a separate room. the kitchen had all we required we are cooking lasagne for tea as i write this report. The breakfasts are fabulous as is the lemonade in the afternoon. The pool is clean and the towels are heavy and soft. Finally we just visited the hotel del coronado and the restrooms were a mess nothing special and in dire need of a clean tissues all over the floor - whereas our public restroom is worth a visit the scent is sup,er and the tasteful marble tiles etc are so superior the standard of cleanliness all over the hotel is A1 i would definately choose this hotel every time. One last comment the location of coronado is perfect for families - the area is spotless and has everything you need and only ten minutes from Zoo Balboa Park etc

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

Staying on Coronado can be expensive, we picked the Glorietta because the price was reasonable for the area and it looked awesome! We were not dissapointed!!!! The rooms were clean and cozy, we enjoyed the continental breakfast on the main hotel patio every morning as well as the afternoon snacks the hotel provided. (The stawberry lemonade is phenomenal!!!) The location of the hotel is perfect, you can walk to the beach and shops without any problem. I really can't say enough about the Glorietta!!!!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Woodinville, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

I brought my two sons (ages 8 and 5) here for a week vacation. The hotel was exactly what we wanted. It was close to the beach, small (which we prefer to a huge resort) and conveniently located to all the main attractions we visited (San Diego Zoo, Legoland and SeaWorld). The room was very clean and we had plenty of space. We cannot wait to come back and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Phoenix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2009

We sent my parents to the Glorietta Bay Inn as a present for their 50th Wedding Anniversary. We made the right choice!! My parents absolutely loved their room (Garden Suite) and raved about the hotel and staff. The location is fantastic. What I would like to comment on is the fantastic customer service I received in setting this trip up (from out of state) for my parents. My emails and calls were answered very quickly and they were so kind and nice! In today's world, it's refreshing to find a place that still has wonderful customer service and who will do what they say they will do promptly. My parents could not have been more pleased and I thank the Glorietta Bay Inn for the fond memories my parents will now have of their anniversary trip. My mom said it was the nicest hotel she had ever been to! Five Stars!!!!!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2009

I stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn as a part of a 2 week vacation in southern California. The location is on Coronado Island, next to the Hotel Del Coronado. The beach is just a few blocks away.

The minute I drove up to the Glorietta Bay Inn, I had a good feeling that I had made the right choice in hotel. Parking was very easy, and I saw this really nice little pool and jacuzzi area. The area around the hotel was just lovely.. including the beautiful architecture on the main section of the hotel itself, with palm trees around.

When I checked in, I asked if any free upgrades were available. Because it was off season, and not very busy, they very kindly gave me the upgrade.

I really liked the room. it was clean, and was a nice size. I had 2 windows. One window looked out over the bay, the other the pool/jacuzzi area with the Hotel Del in the distance. The room had a large bed, a flat screen TV with a DVD and VCR player, a little kitchenette (microwave, kitchen sink, refrigerator), air conditioner/heat on a digital thermostat, sink and mirror area with a separate toilet/shower section. The in room safe could fit a laptop inside. (which you could use for no charge).

All the members of the staff I encountered were very kind and helpful. I even got a thank you note for my tips from the housekeeping staff! There was one day that I was not sure what to see/do in the San Diego area.. and a staff member (Raj) was extremely helpful in recommending Mount Soledad and the La Jolla area. He even showed me a map, and gave me some detailed directions.

I liked the hours for breakfast, since it was a little later than other hotels I had dealt with. (until 10:30a) The breakfast room was in the main mansion complex. You can sit on the patio with your breakfast (which you can look out at the bay), or inside the library type area. The inside of the mansion is very elegant looking! The type of foods available at breakfast were typical continental breakfast foods... pastries and cereals. Orange juice and cranberry juice were available, as well as coffee.

Only things I didn't like were that there were no elevators (definite disadvantage if you pack heavy!!) and the noise from the nearby military maneuvers. Also, if you're eating breakfast on the patio, these seemingly cute little birds get very aggressive for the food on your plate! (even landing on your table!)

To summarize:

Disadvantages:
1.) No elevators
2.) Located near military bases that like to run loud helicopter maneuvers in the area for many hours
3.) Birds on the patio (where you can sit for breakfast) were rather aggressive

Advantages:
1.) Nice jacuzzi and pool area (with fresh towels)
2.) Friendly staff
3.) Internet rate specials available
4.) Continental breakfast hours
5.) Close to the Coronado, CA post office (great for sending boxes of dirty laundry and heavier Zoo souvenirs back home ;-) )
6.) Visually beautiful location (near a beautiful beach!)

I really enjoyed my stay at the Glorietta Bay Inn, and would recommend it.

• Liked — Forgot to mention that I also appreciated the available wired internet access. I just loved the beautiful room with proximity to the beach.
  • Disliked — Noise from the nearby military maneuvers!!!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Carpinteria, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2009

I think this was one of the most wonderful hotels I've stayed at. I stayed in the "Library Mansion Room" with my boyfriend, which was absolutely beautiful, i really don't think the image of the room they provide on the website does it justice. The room has very high ceilings with pretty molding that goes around the top of the room and surrounds a ceiling fan. The bed is very big and soft and the room also has two sitting chairs with reading lights. The television in the room was absolutely huge, but was hidden nicely in a pretty white cabinet. The bathroom is a good size with nice wallpaper and pretty tiles surrounding the bathtub. I loved the bathtub because i could actually fully stretch out in it, which i usually never get to do.
The service was always cheery and helpful, you get a free breakfast every morning which you can have delivered to your room any time you want. At night they turn down your bed and leave you the most delicious cookies and cold milk (i still miss those cookies).
I went and visited the Hotel Del across the street, and though it is beautiful, famous and such i didn't feel it had the same charm the glorietta had.
Overall i have absolutely no complaints about the hotel, no noise, no problems with heater/air conditioner, service, internet, everything worked perfectly. I only got to stay two nights at the hotel, and really didn't want to leave, but if i ever go back to san diego i know where I'm going to stay.

*One tip, book your room by calling the hotel, i tried the website and it said all the mansion rooms were booked when when i called i was told they were all available haha.

• Liked — Overall very fun, romantic, peaceful time
  • Disliked — cant think of a thing!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

I stayed here for a continuing education course held across the street at the Coronado Hotel. Very pleased I made this decision; I had a bay view queen room with a small balcony on the second floor. The room is clean and comfortable., though average in size. The staff at the desk are very helpful and pleasant, and the breakfast is a definite plus. All this costs less than what I have to pay for a conference rate non view room at the Coronado. Parking also is cheaper than the Coronado with no additional resort fees. Would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• Liked — Pleasant feel
  • Disliked — Stairs to go to the second level.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Glorietta Bay Inn? Share your experiences!