“A Gem” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Marshfield, Massachusetts
“A Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We recently stayed here for three nights at the beginning of a 10 day road trip celebrating our 40th anniversary with another couple. The staff was outstanding and the location is excellent. Breakfast was included with our package and it was very good. We did not stay in the mansion but in two other rooms overlooking the bay. We had great views and it was an easy walk to restaurants and shops in Downtown Coronado. The hotel is right across the street from the Hotel Del. Great place for a drink. The inn itself is very well kept and very relaxing. We only wish we had more time o stay in San Diego. A special thank you for the welcome bottle of wine that the hotel provided to both couples.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Kearney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

My fiance and I stayed here on a weekend for a wedding. We were assigned a room with a veranda overlooking the harbor. It was so perfect! I just loved sitting out there and drinking my coffee in the mornings. The complimentary breakfast was also nice. They offered plenty of fresh fruit, cottage cheese, bagels, breads, cereals, granola and yogurt. Coffee and tea were offered almost all day. The most impressive part of our stay was how friendly the staff was. They were ready to help with any of your needs; whether it be beach chairs and towels or anything to do with the island and reservations. I will definitely stay here if we return to Coronado. Thank you for such a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was looking for a semi condor table place to stay while in Coronado San Diego that was with in a reasonable price since I was going solo! This hotel was a hit! The beauty of exterior was much more than I expected and the welcome greeting from desk clerk was fantastic! Upon getting there 8am the clerk was able to get me a room right on the spot so I could put my nags away and join in on their Hosptality Free breakfast :). My room was clean and I was spoiled by getting 2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms ! I'm picky about pillows and this was not a problem as they had 6 wonderful fluffy pillows on each bed! What a delight to have found this gem as its across from the Marina and the Del Coronado Hotel and beach! Everything is within walking distance and the airport is only 15 minutes away! I have already given mention of this fabulous hotel to Corporations for convention attendees to stay at! make sure to add this Hotel to your bucket list!

Room Tip: great for business or family stay ! I'm a solo traveler and felt very safe and loved the ambienc...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
geneva, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed at the Del 16-yrs ago, but couldn't find an affordable deal for our family vacation. Liked the reviews & pictures for Glorietta Bay on Yelp & trip advisor so booked through a very nice guy on the phone. I was expecting Del quality so when I first arrived at night I was a bit disappointed. Smaller rooms and near busy street so we could hear traffic at night if we kept windows opened. Went to breakfast the next day and was impressed with the fresh fruit juices and selection. Cute location in the hotel and you could sit on the outdoor patio, which we enjoyed. Very charming. We also enjoyed our "patio" courtyard room. Beautiful flowers on the pergola and we enjoyed sitting outside our room. Great location as its right across the street from the Del which really is the only hotel on the beach. Within walking distance to tons of cute shops & delicious restaurants. We would stay here again. Comfortable & clean rooms. Nice staff.

Room Tip: Not sure if I'd want to stay on the second floor as we did enjoy our patio chairs
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I were married on 9/24/12 on Coronado Beach and we stayed at the Glorietta Bay Inn for three nights. We coudln't have been more satisfied with the accomodations, the staff, and location of the Inn. When we arrived there was a bottle of wine and a card from the Manager welcoming us and congratulating us on our marriage; how thoughtful!
We asked for a recommendation for dinner for the night of the ceremony. They recommended Peohe's which is a Polynesian seafood restaurant on the opposite side of the Island. The hotel made our reservation and told them that it was our wedding dinner.When we arrived we were welcomed with fresh flowers for the table and they even had our names printed on the menus which after ordering from they wrapped a ribbon around and gave to us to take home . The hotel also arranged for dessert to be on them!
The self serve breakfast in the morning was great, offering a broad selection of fresh fruit, cereals, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, bagels, danish and juice and coffee. The outside patio where you could bring your breakfat to eat had fresh plants at every table and were cared for daily. At the pool, there is always cold lemon water and fresh towels. The pool and hot tub are extremely clean and well maintained.
We already talked about celebrating our anniversary there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for four nights in early October. We liked everything about the hotel. The location is lovely, the front desk staff is courteous and accommodating and the beds are very comfortable. There is a self-serve breakfast buffet of cold cereals, breads, juices, etc. and we enjoyed that out on the beautiful terrace. We stayed in a contemporary room with a small balcony festooned with bougenvila flowers. The bay is in the distance but lovely. Parking is not plentiful but it is only $10 per night. It is directly across the street from the Hotel Del Coronado and in easy walking distance of at least a dozen nice restaurants. I'm looking forward to staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

My husband and I just visited Cornado Island for the first time and stayed 3 nights at the Glorietta Bay Inn. We are so glad that we made the choice to stay here! Clean, exceptional comfort, and great service/location. The bed/pillows were the best ever! The staff went out of their way for anything that you needed. They really take pride in their place and it really shows. We walked each day across the street to Coronado Beach and enjoyed all the dining out. Someday we will be back and will definitely stay here again. No where else....

Room Tip: I think any room here would be great...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Glorietta Bay Inn? Share your experiences!