I looked for a hotel that was near restaurants and bars while in San Diego. The Coronado Island Inn was one block from restaurants, a liquor store and a market. I had booked the weekend here as the Island Inn's website looked nice.
1) We had arrived late. Well, the check-in was across the street at the Coronado Inn. Once in the room, we noticed the T.V. remote did not work and it was not the same brand as the T.V. I called the front desk to see if they could exchange it or fix it, but they tried walking me through programming the remote. After numerous tries, they said they would send someone first thing in the morning.
2) We had a hard time with the Wifi. Yes, it usually is really easy to enter the passcode and login. Once I was able to enter the passcode, the Wifi was unusable. Called the front desk again, this time they told me that their system does not work with Apple devices. So, all of you Yelpers with Apple iPhones, iPads and Laptops should not stay here then, right?
3) One of the windows would not completely close, so it was cold at night. The other windows did open and close.
4) The Coronado Island Inn is on the main road onto Coronado Island and it is noisy all day and night. If you are a light sleeper, this is not a place for you.
5) Next issue was the shower. The water started backing up and not drain. This happened from the first shower upon arrival as well as the last shower on Sunday.
The next day after a day of fishing the bay, the remote was not reprogrammed or replaced. The service reliability here is terrible. I called again to complain about the remote and Wifi. The front desk said they would send someone to fix or replace the remote, and he showed up within 20 minutes.
6) On a busy weekend, the Coronado Island Inn does not have enough parking spaces. I had to park a block away.
7) This facility does not have an ice machine, but a freezer to hold bags of ice. Well, there was no ice all weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coronado Island Inn is located in Coronado, CA, home to one of the top 5 beaches in the country. The hotel is centrally located and is only a short distance from local shops and restaurants. Recently renovated, the Coronado Island Inn is perfect for vacation or business. Come stay with us, our friendly staff is eager to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Coronado Island Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coronado Island Hotel Coronado
- Island Coronado