“Our favorite place we visited in San Diego!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 81 restaurants in Coronado
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Hammond, Indiana
“Our favorite place we visited in San Diego!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Amazing! I can't truly find words to describe the desserts and pastries at Tartine. We found this gem by accident on our visit to Coronado Island. It was the closest place to the parking spot we found. How lucky we were to find Tartine! We were in San Diego for 5 days and visited Tartine 3 times within that time frame. The first meal I had a chicken curry salad, and my husband had the chicken curry on a sandwich. We split a piece of cheesecake that was "divine". It was the most incredible cheese cake I have ever had. We went back two more times for breakfast and enjoyed their quiche. The wait staff knew who we were by the last visit. We even took a box of cookies home to Chicago with us!

There is great comfortable seating inside or outside the restaurant. All the menu items seemed tempting. If we lived in San Diego, I think we would go to Tartine at least once a week! if you live in the San Diego or Coronado area, please do yourself a favor and visit Tartine!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

79% Recommend
Glendale, Arizona
“Nice place for a relaxed breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Went on a Friday morning. Biked from Marriott, about 20 minutes. On the corner of First and Orange. Sat outside on the patio. Service a tad slow but we were not in a hurry. I had a strawberry vanilla scone (under $4), and a espresso-excellent. My wife had Quiche with fruit and I ended up eating at least half- it was a huge slice for $10. She had a latte. Outside seating was nice to people watch.

Great for breakfast.

Visited October 2013
Murrieta, California
“Trendy idea with meh follow through”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

It's a trendy little spot, the wait staff is often discombobulated and distracted, the menu lacks range and the prices are ridiculous - but they are happily located in an easily accessible area - overall its not worth it.

Visited October 2013
Tempe, Arizona
“Great food with friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were staying nearby and just happened to walk in. The food was outstanding! My three-year old was tired after a day at the beach and the staff went out of there way to bring him a snack and keep him happy-a rare find in any CA restaurant. The pastries were to die for and beautiful. I wish this lovely place was near my house. Go and be happy here!

Visited June 2013
Tempe, Arizona, United States
“My favorite place to eat in Coronado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Tartine's is my first stop when I go to Coronado. Everything I've tried at Tartine's is wonderful but my favorite is the Pan Seared Flat Iron Steak. It's perfectly cooked, the salad is tasty and the pomme frites with aioli is delicious.

• Visited August 2013