“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 89 Restaurants in Coronado
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French
Good for: Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
San Diego, California
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

No matter what you order, the food will be well-executed. Save room for dessert. And eat the bread - the calories are worth it, altho it is not made in house.

Visited October 2012

Encinitas, California
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have been there before for coffee and dessert which was fine. Recently I went there for lunch with out of town friends. Service was very slow, they never asked how the food was or came to refill our ice tea. I had to ask for the bread that came with my salad three times before it finally came. A greek salad cost $10 and it was like a side salad very small with hardly anything in it just a few greens, olives and a couple of slices of tomatoes. The sandwiches that my friends had were ok and their salads that came with the sandwiches were pretty much the size of mine. Don't get a salad.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Coronado, CA
“Nothing Extraordinary yet the Pricing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

By tasting the offerings, you'll find that the quality of ingredients used in products is really lacking, and you can't fool people too long with covering up a light-flavored stale-tasting cake with a bunch of ganache and flowers. Way over-priced for what you're being served.

Visited August 2012
AZ
“I gave them a second chance...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Unfortunately, my first review stands. If I were to rate them on coffee and their desserts alone, easily five stars. However when I factor in the rude service it can only average out to middle.

I stood at the front counter on a not so busy night, watching employees walk right by me, no eye contact, not even stopping to say someone would be with me. My oldest child was with me and anxiously waiting to pick out the treat. If her heart had not been so set on that cookie, I would not have waited for 5 minutes!

And when I finally did get service, it was a rude frumpy women in her mid 50's who was obviously have a bad day and intent and letting her negative energy rub off on me.

Will Never Be Back! Plus, they are overpriced!

Visited July 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Great Diner Specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We found this restaurant after taking the San Diego to Coronado ferry. We walked past the restaurants at the ferry landing looking for something a little different. Using the Trip Advisor San Diego city guide app Tartine looked like the most interesting restaurant near the Coronado ferry landing. It’s about a ten minute walk from the landing.
We chose to sit on the street side patio. Service was efficient and friendly. We asked our server for a few suggestions. He recommended the Fisherman’s Stew. I’m happy to say it was the best food we had during our weeks stay in the San Diego area. The stew was full of fresh seafood and sausage. It was served with toasted crusty bread, perfect for getting the last drop of the delicious broth. The stew was on the specials menu so you may want to call ahead to make sure it’s available.
The ferry is one of the best deals in San Diego round trip was only $8.50 per person. The views of San Diego from the boat near sunset are fantastic.

• Visited September 2012