“Our "home" on Coronado” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Coronado
Phoenix, Arizona
“Our "home" on Coronado”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Villa Capri by the Sea is a small boutique motel/inn located in the heart of Coronado. If you like a small, independent motel this is the place for you. My husband and I have stayed there numerous times and it feels like we've come home every time we return. John, the" innkeeper" is the heart of this little gem. He does his best to accommodate any request/need a person may have. This has got to be the cleanest motel we have stayed in. If you book a suite the kitchen is fully stocked with everything you need. The beds and linens are first class. The motel is directly across the street from the famous Hotel Del Coronado. To get to the ocean you just need to walk across the street, through the beautiful property of the "Del" and you'll be on the beach. John does provide beach items (chairs, umbrellas) if you don't have your own. The motel is also within walking distance to most of the restaurants and most of the shops. No matter how long you stay you will be well taken care of.

Room Tip: A few rooms on the second floor have a small view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Sadly we had to leave what I call our second home, we love the Villa Capri and the main reason is John the Innkeeper. We have been coming here for years and John treats his quests like royalty. This is one of the cleanest hotels you can stay in and I always feel so safe here. The guest are like family and have met lots of wonderful folks while staying there. I love, love this place and John who makes us feel special.

Room Tip: We usually get suites and like the bottom floor, but you have great views of the ocean from the seco...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Middlebury, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have stayed here several times and will stay again whenever we are in the area. We are always greeted by John; his friendly smile is always a welcome. You are given personal care and the staff is most helpful. The units are huge and very clean. The courtyard makes you feel safe when tucked in at night. Walk across the road and you have the ocean. What more could you ask for. Hospitality, Service and a great place to put your head at night.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ludlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently stayed here with my son and daughter-in-law for a friends wedding. We were very well looked after by John. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. John is a very attentive guesthouse keeper, nothing too much trouble. It's well positioned, not too far from anything and I'm very happy we stayed there. We will definitely choose this place to stay again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Olmsted Falls, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

The location is perfect. The rooms are immaculate. The beds are extremely comfortable. Mr. Miller is so knowledgable and helpful, that he made our trip effortless. He is very kind and truly cares about the guests. He even woke up at 4:30am to see us depart! If you are looking for a quiet, quaint, and clean place to stay with exceptional service, then the Villa Capri by the Sea is for you. We will be back often.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Coto de Caza, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Villa Capri last weekend. What a pleasure it was! The facilities are impeccably clean, the manager is great, and the location cannot be beat! Facilities are very secure, and well lit, including the parking area.

Lots of small shops within walking distance, and the Hotel Del is right across the street! We even had a small but real ocean view from our room. If you need to know what there is to do, John, the Manager of the hotel is extremely knowledgeable, friendly, and he is always willing to give you suggestions about where to go, or things to do. Although we didn't use it, there is also a nice clean pool.

This was our second stay in the last few years. We really had a great time at the Villa Capri by the Sea!

If you want to relax, take a few days off, and have a great time at a reasonable rate, you just can't beat the Villa Capri! As a matter of fact, I may just call to reserve a room for my next getaway as soon as I finish this review. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Give John a call and tell him what kind of room you want. He is very responsive, and will do what h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Issaquah, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I'm so lucky that the conference hotel - Hotel del Coronado - was sold out! My procrastination paid off this time. I ended up booking a room at the Villa Capri by the Sea. It's RIGHT ACROSS from the Hotel del Coronado. As soon as I talked with John to reserve a room, I knew I was gonna have a great stay. I cannot remember the time someone was so polite and professional on the phone; and, he described himself, with great pride, as the Innkeeper.

When I arrived, I walked in the door, and he greeted me by name before I even introduced myself! My room was sparkly clean; the linens are pristine and high-quality; the free wi-fi worked all the time; and the room price was great.

When the rain came on Thursday and Friday, I was one of the only people at the conference of 700+ who had an umbrella. Of course, John keeps them for his guests - just in case.

The last day, my cab was there right on time. In a way, I was sorry to leave. John is a special person; you simply must try the Villa Capri, if only to meet him.

Room Tip: I stayed in the suite on the second floor - #14. LOVED IT.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Villa Capri by the Sea? Share your experiences!